Firehawk "sparklies" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2002, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Someone posted recently about excess "sparklies" on a firehawk beta screen. Are these being seen on the production screens? I'm planning on a Sharp (or maybe a new DWIN) DLP projecting on a 92" diagonal 16 x 9 screen - viewing distance about 13-14 feet. I had planned on the firehawak as I have some ambient light issues during the daytime. Others have recommended that I stick with the grayhawk. Just wondering what the forum members think.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2002, 04:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 11
Are the production screens out yet?

My sparklie problem was solved literally by moving my seat an inch. I don't think there is enough of them that there is nowhere to put your head. I was really concerned when I first saw it because I thought I had a bad pixel - that would make me very unhappy. I would certainly rank sparklies well below hot spot and viewing angle in a GreyHawk comparison.

If it is a resolved manufacturing problem - I doubt it is even worth the effort hassling with a replacement - even if it was free.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:44 AM
AVS Special Member

According to Jason at AVS my Firehawk screen is scheduled to ship out on Friday (the 8th...) Hopefully it will arrive next week.
Old 03-07-2002, 05:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The Firehawk screens are now shipping. They still have some backorders they are working on from after CES, but the latest ship date I have is around the 27th. I would venture to say that Stewart is pretty much on track with the standard lead time (3-4 weeks).

Thanks!