Help with what to get and where to purchase please? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-15-2010, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a new screen, 105 - 110 (ish) in size, it's for an epson tw-700 and in a semi controlled lighting room (although its usually at night when we watch it anyway). I am in New Zealand so it makes it very hard to view anything as we simply have no real stores here with decent screens. I don't really mind having to import one as I import stuff all the time.

I want a fixed screen and nothing over the top really, just the best bang-for-back option so really open to suggestions and would really appreciate a few good places that may have specials etc if anyone can recommend a few places that are good to deal with and ship to New Zealand.

Looking forward to replies

Thanks

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Are there any dealers in your area? Screens are a tricky business when importing due to transport issues and warranty claims. I would probably suggest buying local if you can...
post #3 of 4 Old 05-17-2010, 01:22 PM

I'm not sure of the materials available locally, but have you considered building a DIY screen?
post #4 of 4 Old 05-22-2010, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk View Post

Are there any dealers in your area? Screens are a tricky business when importing due to transport issues and warranty claims. I would probably suggest buying local if you can...

No, there is VERY little here in New Zealand, yet alone my city unfortunately, and what there is will be VERY expensive. Even with large shipping costs I am certain that importing one would be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooomi View Post

I'm not sure of the materials available locally, but have you considered building a DIY screen?

I work 60 - 70 hours a week, I simply do not have the time to do such a project otherwise I certainly would.

I sent "jamestown home theater screen/shoppingdeals" an email or two as they seemed to get good reviews from folk on here but they have ignored my emails Does anyone know anywhere else that might reply back to me that would be a good price?
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page