Da-lite vs Elite Screens - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-20-2010, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I just bought an Optoma HD20 and need a screen for it (I have just been using a white sheet )! It will be in a mostly light controlled environment, but needs to roll up. I am on a low budget, and can only go a bit above $100. I know this limits my quality, but anything's better than a white sheet

I am debating between the Da-Lite Model-B 106" (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824996315R) and the EliteSCREENS M100XWH 100" (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824999127).
I believe the shipping marked on the Da-Lite screen is an error

Any opinion on these screens? Is there a better one I could get for ~$100- $150? I know quality will be on the low end, but as long as it does not fall apart and get tonnes of folds. OH! And how are the warranties from these companies? I don't want to spend money and get a bad one, then be unable to get a replacement or refund.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-24-2010, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

No one?
post #3 of 7 Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 202

1:write a link in the message.

2:go to GO Advanced and then Preview Post and check if the link works before you post it.
post #4 of 7 Old 05-24-2010, 02:14 PM

Liked: 11
I just installed the Elite screen you referenced above into my theater. It is my first screen and projector (HD66). I was expecting a drop in quality from my Toshiba 1080p DLP w/ the Elite screen being the weak link, but I was shocked to find the picture was just as beautiful as the Toshiba. To me, the Elite is a very worthy screen for not alot of money. Hope this helps.

"Excuse me...What does God need with a Starship?" (Captain Kirk - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
post #5 of 7 Old 05-24-2010, 02:18 PM

I forgot to mention that my Elite M100XWH that I bought from Fry's for $99.99 came w/ a mail-in voucher for a free ceiling mount from EliteScreens.

"Excuse me...What does God need with a Starship?" (Captain Kirk - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
post #6 of 7 Old 05-24-2010, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, thanks! You haven't had any problems with it rolling up? I have read a few reviews about it not rolling up after a little use. It will be in front of my TV (which I use for casual watching-projector bulbs are expensive ), so needs to roll up reliably.
I am leaning towards the elite, as newegg decided to be weird and actually IS charging $120 shipping on an $80 screen

And yes, I know how to make links. Spam protection on here says no links until 3 posts, and since I didn't want to post 3 random useless posts (I know nothing about any of this stuff ) I just disabled the links.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-24-2010, 08:37 PM

I rolled it down once, and there it stayed. I also read the quality control problems, but mine feels sturdy.

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page