Elite Evanesce Tension - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2010, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Elite Evanesce Tension screen looks terrific on paper -- it'll fit into compact ceilings (just 4" tall) and the pictures look great...

... but I can't seem to find anyone who has actually got one or even seen one. Ditto for the Evanesce (non-tension) model, which is a fairly similar design. The silence about this screen on the web is weird -- and I'm nervous about buying something nobody else has tried.

So - Has anyone here seen one? Or had experience with other Elite screens that would provide insight?

Thanks!!

(I'm particularly excited by this screen is that it will fit into a tight ceiling -- my joists are 6" tall and there's a half inch of stuff I can't touch, leaving me only 5.5" max for the screen. It also looks like it would recess very nicely, making it a bit more acceptable to my better half...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I can't believe this thread is 2 years old with any comments.

I have done my best searching the web for reviews for this and simply can not find ONE review of this!

It's even available on Amazon - but without any reviews!

As far as I know, Elite is still making these and the video looks exactly what i am looking for. http://www.elitescreens.com/index.ph...mid=19&lang=en

But would like to read at least one review.

Anybody?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Sorry no review help here but I just wanted to comment on the advantages of a screen like this. I had friends over last night for movies since I had just installed my new Panasonic PT-AR100U, a light cannon, perfectly suited to a family/living room environment. I have a 120" fixed screen but my friend was talking about installing a projector and screen in his family room which is directly adjacent to their kitchen area - an open concept - so there is plenty of ambient light that can invade this viewing area. He has a fireplace on one wall where the hidden screen will go above and this seems like the perfect solution for his situation. Of course you are looking for the reliability for a screen that will be moving up and down on a regular basis which is why you are looking for longer term reviews here at AVS. Elite has been around for quite a while and their 2 year warranty on parts and labor looks decent, the downside being shipping the entire assembly back to Elite (around $80) if there is ever a problem plus you'd probably want to save the original carton for that possibility. But when the "Wife Approval Factor" is a significant obstacle to overcome a screen like this can save the day. I Googled the price of the 100" screen and found it can be purchased for several hundred dollars less than Amazon even when paying for shipping. I am going to forward the Elite link to my friend, it should certainly make it onto his short and affordable list.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Old 02-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Mr G. Thanks for your comments.

I am looking at the 120" screen, paired with an Epson 5010e. The "e" is to make the whole system portable in the rec room. The PJ will be on a coffee table or table with wheels. When not used for a movie room, I will have the screen pulled up and move the table to the side. Instant room to party!

This 'invisible ceiling' system is really perfect for this. We are even thinking of having a standard wall mounted LCD TV (46") behind where the screen is for get togethers. When movie time comes, the screen plops down in front of the TV (almost 3x the size) and we will wheel in the cart with PJ and plug it into the wall.

Anyhow, that is the plan. On paper, it sounds neat.

House won't be built until September, so can't report on usage until probably Oct/Nov. I will write a review when it's all hooked up!

THanks!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:46 AM

I can't believe also that there is so few people comenting about this screen.

I'm planning also to install a tensioned evanesce in september, because of the good quality of the screen (as I've read), the low ceiling needs, and because the perfect finish of the roof suits my wife. It will be my first projector/screen, so I'm nervous to be able to see how it looks at the end!

I will put a LED TV also behind the screen, so we can watch "normal" TV when not using the projector. As TVs now are very thin (and also the support I've bought), I have only to put the projector screen 10-15 cm ahead of the wall.

I will write my review also when it is finished. If there's anyone who has it installed, tell your opinions!!

aLeX
Old 03-03-2014, 05:51 AM

So, does anyone in this thread have any more experiences with the Evanesce Tension model? Either Evanesce B Tension or just Evanesce Tension?
Old 03-03-2014, 04:35 PM

Liked: 12
I'm in the same boat and have done a ton of googling and very little information available.