Please give me your opinion/advice on Bretford 700 Series - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-04-2010, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good evening and happy 4th.

I have read the forums here forever, and have learned so much great information. That said, this is the first time I'm looking for specific advice myself.

I have an opportunity to buy from a local business person a Bretford 700 series electric screen 8' X 8 ' Model 7088-M for $200. On the manufacturers web site, the MSRP is listed at $2,152.

My question is has anyone here had experience with these screens? The reason I ask is I've looked everywhere online for reviews, GAIN specs, and just general opinions from others who have used these screens for home theater use with no luck. I've googed, Yahoo'd and have Bing'd all afternoon and have come up empty.

The description they provide:

This Electric Screen is recommended for use in conference rooms, lecture halls and classrooms. The Series 700 Electric Screens are designed for wall or ceiling installations. An adjustable up and down limit switch allows the user to set the points at which the screen extends and retracts. A Designer Slat option is available to give a finished look when the screen is retracted. Black borders complete the visual image.

Electric wall screens feature a wall-mounted switch on a 20' power cord and a wireless remote control for screen operation. Motor operates on 120 volts (60 Hz), 1.5 amp electric. The motor has internal gears, lifetime lubrication, automatic thermal overload cut-off, and braking for instant stopping at any point. Screen will automatically stop when fully extended or retracted. Projection surface is matte white with a fiberglass backing. The square shaped steel case is painted white. The case is 20-gauge steel and the slat is 22-gauge steel. End caps are a matching white plastic designed to integrate with the unique wall mounting brackets that are included with the screen. The screen has a roller-locking device to prevent the fabric from being pulled off the roller. Shatterproof plastic slat tips are used to cover the ends of the slat. The 8' and 10' screens feature a seamless fabric while the 12' screen fabric has a center seam. Black borders are included on the left and right side of the screen surface to provide added picture contrast.

Also, I was told the wall switch is used for raising and lowering the screen as the wireless remote control that came with the package apparently has been lost. Are there universal projector replacement remote controls? I believe it's an RF signal from what I've read.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated! This screen would be used for videos and games.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page