AVS Forum banner

Microlite Optical Screen

97K views 1K replies 98 participants last post by  blee0120 
#1 ·
Anyone here familiar with this brand new screen that was shown at InfoCom and has some videos posted at youTube?

Apparently it uses " a sophisticated micro structure with 11 layers of optical film" and offers high light rejection, high gain and wide viewing angle; It also comes rolled-up in sizes ranging from 17" to 120" diagonal and according to the press release, it is affordably priced.

Unfortunately the company does not have a website right now (in progress) and no one to pick up the phone at 3.00 PM local time, hmm....

From what i read, it appears that the main developer/CEO of the company is a Taiwanese man that recently decided to advertise and sell the screens here in the USA, and i imagine he is now looking for partners to share costs.

Any more detailed info would be appreciated...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcos

#52 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuweimichael /forum/post/20114102

Just get you guys an update. I just received a roll of material and cut a piece it to compare with other screen material (matt white). I think gamers will love this one. No more video game or football in a dark room. The light was very bright ( 6 of 100 watts light bulbs) using a Acer 120MHZ gaming projector. True color reproduction, No hot spot and any viewing angle.

Could you please comment on any screen texture and if the material appears uniform.

#55 ·
Yuwemichael --

Thanks so much for updating us like this. As you can tell from the enthusiastic responses we as a group are fired up for your potential product. I'm confident many of us will help you out to develop it further with suggestions etc. as you move forward. Always good to satisfy the audience!

Mike

#58 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 /forum/post/20125850

Yeah, I have Been talking to everyone in the biz about this screen with high hopes that it delivers. Very anxious to see it in person somehow

when everyone came in and saw it by his or her own eye last year at Infocomm, it is no doubt that everyone asked the same question. "How is possible and it is against law of physics?" Well, by several minutes of argument and examination, they started to believe that somehow we did it. The Microlitescreen was invent and design in california. It will be made in Taiwan and China.

#62 ·
WOW this screen looks like the Holy Grail of Screens if it's

anything like the video's.

Will this screen be available as an Electric sreen also and what will be the largest size ?

Will the larger sizes have a seam or just one piece material ?

Have prices/cost been determine as of yet ?

yuweimichael..looking forward to hearing from you again..hopefully it

will be good news soon.

#65 ·
yuweimichael, yuweimichael, yuweimichael >>> Not that i want to keep "harping" on the same subject, but we have all been waiting very patiently for over seven months to get some concrete information on this screen and now it's time for you to get some samples mailed to interested parties for reviews/comparisons/tests.

I started this thread and would appreciate very much getting a small sample of the microlite screen so that i could compare it side by side with samples of the Vutec Silverstar and the Da-Lite High Power and attach all three to the surface of my high-gain screen, which would serve as an extra comparison material; My hard-mounted silver screen was specified as having a gain of 10 when i purchased it years ago.

I would gladly take pictures of all materials side by side under different conditions and post the pictures here on this thread, together with my impressions.

You would have nothing to lose by someone posting unbiased opinions of your screen material after comparison testing and, if it turns out to be as good as shown by pictures posted at AVS and at youtube, you would have A LOT to gain in sales and customer satisfaction + respect.

Thanks >>> Marcos

#67 ·
I'm not surprised they would not send out samples yet. If the product is not finalized how could they let test runs out into the wild, to be tested upon and generalizations made about their future product, which is stol subject to change?

Since the timescale for completing development is probably a year, it seems reasonable to get an update every month or so. But after a few days I doubt much can change of import.

#68 ·
Michael, based on the youtube videos..... just tell me how much and I will be happy to purchase one of these... I was very close on spending silver money but this product seems like a better choice for me. I am in So. Cal. and would be thrilled to be one of the first owners or at least.....test subjects!

Keep us posted!

#70 ·
I got a price out of him a few weeks ago. Im not going to give an exact amount bc thats against the rules (no idea why)....but it will be a little more expensive than the Silverstar. 10-15% so you can do the math. Given that, if it does everything it says it does then that is a more than fair price. I just hope it lives up to the hype because it could be next year before it is released, and I got my projector last november.

Still have 2 questions-

1. Is this retro or angular reflective? Need to know so i can mount my projector.

2. He says the roll material will be available first......does this mean I am responsible for my own frame?

#71 ·
Per request,

I have a sample screen hanging in my room and want to show you guys where we are now. Here is the update for the screen:

1. It will be another update screen material coming this July.

2. Fixed frame screen will be size limited to 96" 16:9 format. No more than

96" 16:9 currently.

3. Screen Resolution will be highest ever seem in the projection screen m

market.

4. It is retro-reflective for 3.0 gain effects. You can do any other setup but

you will not get 3.0 gain.

5. 180 degree horizontal viewing angle for 3.0 Gain material even in high

ambient light environment.

6. Cost-friendly product !

7. Hopefully Available for pre-order from online in August.

8. Show room will be available to see in person in August in Ontario,

California. Invitation will be post online for more info later July.

9. Package will be just like others. No crate. Flex material.

Here is video link for
screen demo comparison with Matt white screen[/URL] .

#72 ·

yuweimichael 1. It will be another update screen material coming this July. 2. Fixed frame screen will be size limited to 96" 16:9 format. No more than 96" 16:9 currently. 3. Screen Resolution will be highest ever seem in the projection screen m market. 4. It is retro-reflective for 3.0 gain effects. You can do any other setup but you will not get 3.0 gain. 5. 180 degree horizontal viewing angle for 3.0 Gain material even in high ambient light environment. 6. Cost-friendly product ! 7. Hopefully Available for pre-order from online in August. 8. Show room will be available to see in person in August in Ontario said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I imagine an improved screen material with better viewing angle ?

2. Currently, size limited to 96"; Is that diagonally or horizontally ?

3. ??

4. By retro-reflective you mean that for this screen to achieve its stated performance the projector must be located at eye level facing the middle of the screen area. If pj is mounted facing bottom or top of screen (angular reflective) all benefits of this screen will be compromised, correct ?

5. As long as the projector is mounted as described above...

6. As compared to current high gain screens such as Da-Lite High Power and Vutec Silverstar ?

7. Hopefully ? One year after initial appearance at trade show !

8. For the vast majority of us who cannot travel to Ontario, CA to check on a screen material, samples will be available for interested customers, correct ?

9. No huge crates for shipping, yeah ! Will the screen package come with and without a disassembled hard frame for those of us who might want it either way ? If shipped with hard frame, will there be leg mounts available for customers who cannot mount screen to wall ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks....

#75 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto /forum/post/20437375

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I imagine an improved screen material with better viewing angle ?

2. Currently, size limited to 96"; Is that diagonally or horizontally ?

3. ??

4. By retro-reflective you mean that for this screen to achieve its stated performance the projector must be located at eye level facing the middle of the screen area. If pj is mounted facing bottom or top of screen (angular reflective) all benefits of this screen will be compromised, correct ?

6. As compared to current high gain screens such as Da-Lite High Power and Vutec Silverstar ?

7. Hopefully ? One year after initial appearance at trade show !

8. For the vast majority of us who cannot travel to Ontario, CA to check on a screen material, samples will be available for interested customers, correct ?

9. No huge crates for shipping, yeah ! Will the screen package come with and without a disassembled hard frame for those of us who might want it either way ? If shipped with hard frame, will there be leg mounts available for customers who cannot mount screen to wall ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks....

1. I imagine an improved screen material with better viewing angle ? Yes. It will have best viewing angle for horizontal and vertical on hte market

2. Currently, size limited to 96"; Is that diagonally or horizontally ?Diagonally

3. ?? Microlitescreen has smallest pitch and able to create higher image resolution to get more detail and clear view if you see them side by side with other projection screen.

4. By retro-reflective you mean that for this screen to achieve its stated performance the projector must be located at eye level facing the middle of the screen area. If pj is mounted facing bottom or top of screen (angular reflective) all benefits of this screen will be compromised, correct ? No. The only benefit will not achieve by using angular reflective is the gain. It really depends on what kind of application you use. Some people if they dont want high gain, then they can choose their setup. Other features of screen will still be there even with angular reflective.

6. As compared to current high gain screens such as Da-Lite High Power and Vutec Silverstar ? We have different features such as ambient light rejection and 180 degree viewing angle are our features.

7. Hopefully ? One year after initial appearance at trade show ! Microlitescreen is consist of 11 layers. Still thinest on the market.

8. For the vast majority of us who cannot travel to Ontario, CA to check on a screen material, samples will be available for interested customers, correct ? Yes, We will let you order samples from our web site in August.

#76 ·
Hi yuweimichael, thanks for the update. I've a few more questions.

Is the 96" max size something that may change in the future? I'm guessing something to do with the manurfacturing process currently limits things.

Are you familar with the sheen seen on Firehawk and similar screens during bright scenes? (try saying that sentance when you're drunk
) If so, Does this material do the same?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.