Microlite Optical Screen - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

Old 03-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh, you mean the screen that was supposed to be out 2 years ago? The same one that the developer was going to be providing regular updates on? That one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 55
They have contacts now, somebody should give them a call and ask when they'll be selling their screens http://www.microlitescreen.com/ContactUs.aspx
Old 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlitzie View Post

Oh, you mean the screen that was supposed to be out 2 years ago? The same one that the developer was going to be providing regular updates on? That one?

And in other news...

Quote:

Hundreds of users from the home theater-centric online message board AV Science Forum fell unconscious today, after holding their breath too long. No fatalities are reported, but the mass pass-out has authorities investigating what they were waiting for. 

"I have to assume they all felt they were on the cusp of something marvelous," states Dr. Reinhardt of the Online Research Center. "Unfortunately, reality didn't meet their expectations."

SEOS Fusion 10 Max, SVS PB10 and DIY SI18 subs, Denon X4000, Epson 8500 & 2.35:1 AT Screen
DIY Sound Group: Information and Tips
Old 03-04-2013, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Microlight Roll Up page:
Click on Microlite Roll Up and up pops a page with a quantity selection choice and a price of $550 and NO description of a screen - not even SIZE, but a description of an AAXA brand pico projector.
Microlite Frame page:
Frame description is there - click to next page and there's that AAXA projector description.
Microlite Stand page:
"Microlite stand was designed for mobile applications. Microlite Desk is quick and easy to set up, and pack away. It is ideal for scenarios where permanent screen is needed or where viewing location change and wall space is limited."
Click on Microlite Stand and a cart order pops up: $99, BUT the description block is for a 1:1 Elite Screens Cinewhite 180 inch diagonal framed screen - weight 77 lbs, cost $816.
Microlite Notebook:
Click on it and receive "Server Error"
TOTAL WASTE OF TIME! As someone above aluded to, this company needs a Marketer.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

The early social buzz creation effort... not just a total Fail, but backfire. Future search results will pull up these pages of poor communication and broken promises. I don't know if their intent was a quick sale to other investors or what... but it would've been better for the product to keep mum until the pieces, actors, and channels were ready.

SEOS Fusion 10 Max, SVS PB10 and DIY SI18 subs, Denon X4000, Epson 8500 & 2.35:1 AT Screen
Old 04-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 44
wrong topic.

Portuguese Blog & Forum Discussion about Audio & Video
Visit our Blog & Forum CinemaHIFI.PT
Like cinemahifi on Facebook
Old 05-12-2014, 02:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Old 04-23-2015, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
We are ready. Please check our web site for ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elix View Post
This comes a long way. Thanks for all interests and now we are ready everyone. We have fixed frame going for first shipment next month. If any of you mention you saw my post on the avsforum, we will give you a 100" 16:9 velvet fixed frame promotional price for $999.

Other products will follow by motorized, panorama, curved, and rear commercial application by end of this year.

We will be at the Infocomm and CEDIA this year. Please visit us.

Please check our latest web site at www.microlitescreen.com

You can also follow us on the facebook at https://www.facebook.com/microlitescreen
Old 04-23-2015, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Congratulations on achieving this latest milestone.

Friendly suggestions: English language proofreader. And mobile-friendly website.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyleron View Post
Congratulations on achieving this latest milestone.

Friendly suggestions: English language proofreader. And mobile-friendly website.
Thank you Eyleron for suggestion. We tried very hard from the concept to the actual products. We want to provide the best optical projection screens and is affordable for everyone.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuweimichael View Post
This comes a long way. Thanks for all interests and now we are ready everyone. We have fixed frame going for first shipment next month. If any of you mention you saw my post on the avsforum, we will give you a 100" 16:9 velvet fixed frame promotional price for $999.

Other products will follow by motorized, panorama, curved, and rear commercial application by end of this year.

We will be at the Infocomm and CEDIA this year. Please visit us.

Please check our latest web site at www.microlitescreen.com

You can also follow us on the facebook at https://www.facebook.com/microlitescreen
This might be grand news! This screen is very intriguing to try. I have a few questions and a suggestion. Suggestion first: as Eyleron said, you should spell-check the entire site. A lot of mistakes there, and wording really gives away that the makers are non-native English speakers. Also, the site was very hard to browse on a mobile. But that is of less importance.

I have several questions:
1) What do you mean by "depth of field"? You use it all the time on your site. This term is never used in relation to projector screens. Because the picture itself is 2D, there is no depth to it. Unless we speak of stereoscopic images. But in that case,the screen type or brand should have no effect on depth of field either.
2) You speak of 5um screen structure. Can you present a real-world picture, a photo of the screen surface?
3) You promise no shimmering or sparkles. That is the hardest thing for me to believe. Can I order a screen sample from you so I can judge for myself?

EDIT: A few quotes from the screen brochure that I find in need of revision:
Quote:
Our optical film only uses 5 micro um in comparison to other competitors who use over 60 micron um
You either write um, or micrometre, or micron. This usage is redundant and inconsistent.
Quote:
Because of its high gain material,Microlitescreen does not have visible sparkling on the image.
Sorry, but those people that have some experience with projection screens know otherwise. The logic is inverted: the higher gain the screen material is, the more it will sparkle. That was the general rule up until now.
Quote:
The Microlitescreen image screen has fine details and a deep depth of field thanks to the 5um microstructure.
The way you insist again and again on this depth of field thing the more I'm imagining things that can be described with a term: image artifact. Are you imposing some additional depth to the image with your screen that isn't in the source? Such deviation from the source might be interpreted as an image artifact.

I think what you really mean to say is... just 'depth'? The perceived depth to the image which comes only with high contrast.

Last edited by Elix; 04-24-2015 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Has anyone had the privilege of comparing the overall performance of this screen to other top optical screens available in the market ?ReAct 3 is very popular in Europe and the Black Diamond seems to have become the benchmark of optical screens. A comparison would be nice in terms of raw performance.I've gone through the specs and the web site, this screen is quite interesting.

Michael, can you not send a sample to AVS for an in-depth review ? That would really help. If a detailed review has already been done by someone else, please let us have the link.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
Has anyone had the privilege of comparing the overall performance of this screen to other top optical screens available in the market ?.
Sam, it has been announced here today as you can see.For a long time this thread has been dead because this screen was considered vaporware.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 54
We need someone to go check this screen out at their Showroom in California or at Infocomm in a couple months.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1sox View Post
We need someone to go check this screen out at their Showroom in California or at Infocomm in a couple months.
Yes - it would be nice if a California based member of the AVS forums, who has experienced the Black Diamond, could go to their showroom for a demo and post his findings.

Alternatively, AVS could contact them and ask them for a review sample for the benefit of all AVS members.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
Yes - it would be nice if a California based member of the AVS forums, who has experienced the Black Diamond, could go to their showroom for a demo and post his findings.

Alternatively, AVS could contact them and ask them for a review sample for the benefit of all AVS members.
I tried to get a sample, but it seems they are not sending any out (maybe AVS Sales will have better luck?). I own a Black Diamond 1.4 and draper xs850e so I was hoping to get my hands on a sample. I was going to compare a ton of samples and this is the most intriguing based on the claims of the product.

I'd even pay a fee to add it to my other samples...

Last edited by ch1sox; 04-26-2015 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I tried to get a sample, but it seems they are not sending any out (maybe AVS Sales will have better luck?). I own a Black Diamond 1.4 and draper xs850e so I was hoping to get my hands on a sample. I was going to compare a ton of samples and this is the most intriguing based on the claims of the product.

I'd even pay a fee to add it to my other samples...
They have denied me as well, here's their reasoning:
Quote:
Here is the reason, optical screen is very sensitive to light, projector location and viewing position. If i give everyone a small letter size screen, people wont able to see any benefit at all.

The only way to see its truly performance, you will have to get a complete screen.
They are afraid of poor judgment from users based on a small screen sample. This is understandable. But other companies such as DNP or Screen Innovations aren't afraid of this. Basically they're asking customers to make a leap of faith, buy a screen and hope that it is everything they've imagined it to be.

So who's gonna be the first?

Basically, what interests me the most is: is there visible screen texture? Is this screen a must-have upgrade from a unity gain screen which provides (a quality one, that is) an 'open window' experience? A comparison photo with A4 white paper would be nice, at least.

Last edited by Elix; 04-27-2015 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
They are afraid of poor judgment from users based on a small screen sample. This is understandable.
OK, but then there are folks like me who will pay for a larger screen sample, but I bet they'll still deny that request. My opinion - I think it's too good to be true - buyer beware!!

If they will let me pay for a larger screen sample (other than the $999 100" :-), then I will retract my opinion.

Dave
Old 04-29-2015, 10:18 AM

Wink Please vote for 1 or 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezaks View Post
OK, but then there are folks like me who will pay for a larger screen sample, but I bet they'll still deny that request. My opinion - I think it's too good to be true - buyer beware!!

If they will let me pay for a larger screen sample (other than the $999 100" :-), then I will retract my opinion.

Dave
Dave, we are not selling $999. This price is for you guys only not for general public. I see your location is in Phoenix, AZ. You can visit us in Irvine, CA. We will show you our screen in real time.

Our demo screen is for dealer only but let me see what can i do if i ask them to make small screens for one of you guys.

In addition, I like opinions from you guys. Which screen will you choose ?

1. High Gain 3, full horizontal viewing angle, best color accuracy, 65% ambient light rejection, acceptable vertical viewing angle.
2. 1.7 gain, 50 degree half viewing angle, color is not perfect accurate, 80% ambient light rejection, narrow vertical viewing angle.

Please choose 1 or 2 .

Thank you
Old 04-29-2015, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Dave, we are not selling $999. This price is for you guys only not for general public. I see your location is in Phoenix, AZ. You can visit us in Irvine, CA. We will show you our screen in real time.

Our demo screen is for dealer only but let me see what can i do if i ask them to make small screens for one of you guys.

In addition, I like opinions from you guys. Which screen will you choose ?

1. High Gain 3, full horizontal viewing angle, best color accuracy, 65% ambient light rejection, acceptable vertical viewing angle.
2. 1.7 gain, 50 degree half viewing angle, color is not perfect accurate, 80% ambient light rejection, narrow vertical viewing angle.

Please choose 1 or 2 .

Thank you
Hi,

I'd like a sample of both, so that I can check out which one is preferable in my room - especially since there are the pros/cons for each of them, as you mentioned. I'd be happy to pay for the samples.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-29-2015, 10:46 AM

Smile Screen texture

Quote:
They are afraid of poor judgment from users based on a small screen sample. This is understandable. But other companies such as DNP or Screen Innovations aren't afraid of this. Basically they're asking customers to make a leap of faith, buy a screen and hope that it is everything they've imagined it to be.

So who's gonna be the first?

Basically, what interests me the most is: is there visible screen texture? Is this screen a must-have upgrade from a unity gain screen which provides (a quality one, that is) an 'open window' experience? A comparison photo with A4 white paper would be nice, at least.
Elix, the screen is perfectly smooth. There is no texture. Surface is harden and you can even write on or wipe it off. smooth surface creates amazing 4K milky image when you use a sony 4K projector with our 3 high gain material.

I have one in my show room and its amazing.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I want to Believe.... ©

Will you accept a return from me if I will find the screen surface to have an objectionable amount of visibility to it? Another question, do you ship internationally?
Old 04-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Elix, the screen is perfectly smooth. There is no texture. Surface is harden and you can even write on or wipe it off. smooth surface creates amazing 4K milky image when you use a sony 4K projector with our 3 high gain material.

I have one in my show room and its amazing.
Your website claims No Sparkling & Shimmer Images as seen on this page: http://www.microlitescreen.com/Technology.aspx

The reason people want to see samples is because this is a very suspect claim since basically all positive gain screens from other screen manufactures have sparkles, some more noticeable than others. People are hesitant to purchase a product without seeing it when claims like this are made.
yuweimichael and Elix like this.

Last edited by ch1sox; 04-29-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:53 PM

Sparkling

Quote:
Your website claims No Sparkling & Shimmer Images as seen on this page: http://www.microlitescreen.com/Technology.aspx

The reason people want to see samples is because this is a very suspect claim since basically all positive gain screens from other screen manufactures have sparkles, some more noticeable than others. People are hesitant to purchase a product without seeing it when claims like this are made.
I think there is no such thing " perfect screen" . Everyone likes something different than others. Regarding about sparkles. Yes, there is very minimum sparkles because it is optical screen. However, the sparkle on the optical and regular vinyl or fiberglass screens are different. It is hard to say which is which.

I can try to take a very close up photo to show you later if you want to see that way.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I can try to take a very close up photo to show you later if you want to see that way.
I have asked this several times already. Please, we would definitely like to see.
yuweimichael likes this.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:07 PM

close image shots.

Hello guys,

here are some close image shots for 3.0 gain material.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM1G_3699.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	716130   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3703.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	716138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3693.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	716146   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3687.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	716154  
Old 05-14-2015, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hello guys,

here are some close image shots for 3.0 gain material.
Michael, thanks for the shots, they're pretty, but they're not really close-up shots and don't really tell us anything about the screen texture. Here's what we would all like to see:

Old 05-14-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Michael, thanks for the shots, they're pretty, but they're not really close-up shots and don't really tell us anything about the screen texture. Here's what we would all like to see:

How about this one ? You can download it and zoom in whatever you like.

Enjoy it.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
How about this one ?
It is better but I have a few questions
1) Did you use a tripod?
2) What camera did you use? Did you shoot in RAW?
3) I believe you said it was a 4K projector. Is it Sony VW350?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement