If I hang my manual Da-lite HiPower from extension brackets... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-18-2010, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have a Da-lite Model C, 92 inch Hi Power screen that I'm finally about to hang after two years of it sitting in my garage while my room has been in various states of deconstruction and then reconstruction.

I have the 6 inch version of this bracket:

See 6 inch bracket

(Sorry, I can't find a picture with only the 6 inch bracket.)

With this bracket, you hang the screen from S-hooks. The installation manual for this bracket states the following:

Quote:

To provide proper tilt and eliminate keystoning
pull the screen down, then hook it back
to the wall by attaching the bail handle to an
accessory Tilt Lock, Da-Lite part No. 40965.
Tilt Lock is sold separately.

Is there really tilt and keystoning for a high power screen hung this way? It seems as if the screen would hang straight down, which is what I need it to do.

I ask this because this is one of two hanging options I'm examining, and I cannot put the Tilt Lock behind the screen, as the screen fits over sliding glass doors with black out shades on them. I have to take this hanging option out of consideration if I have to use the Tilt Lock.

Thanks for any help.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-18-2010, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 107
As long as it is hung level it will hang straight down. Not sure what this is for but as long as there is no draft to blow the screen when down it should be fine. I have seen posts about people rigging up ways to attach the bottom of the pull down or electric screen to something, but this was to fix an issue of screen movement cause by an environmental issue.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-18-2010, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thank you for the incredibly fast response. If I could figure out how to post pictures of the room, I would so that the situation is easier to visualize. But the screen will pull down over the sliding glass doors, and will block them. There will be black out material behind the screen, in front of the sliders. This was the only way I could figure out how to add a projector and screen to this room. The room is a family/home theater room. The sliders won't be open when the screen is in use.

Bob
post #4 of 6 Old 09-18-2010, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctviggen View Post

Thank you for the incredibly fast response. If I could figure out how to post pictures of the room, I would so that the situation is easier to visualize. But the screen will pull down over the sliding glass doors, and will block them. There will be black out material behind the screen, in front of the sliders. This was the only way I could figure out how to add a projector and screen to this room. The room is a family/home theater room. The sliders won't be open when the screen is in use.

Sounds like it will work fine!
post #5 of 6 Old 09-24-2010, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Keystoning is a projector issue where the top of the image is wider than the bottom. Mounting a screen on extension brackets and pulling it back to the wall is a way to address the problem with projectors that don't offer keystone adjustment. Since this is not the reason you're using brackets, you should be fine.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-30-2013, 02:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I am considering using the same style of brackets and was wondering if you ever did use the Tilt lock?

or did your screen hang properly without them.

any tips would be appriciated smile.gif

Thanks
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page