Theater build.. 19' deep, 17' wide .. need help on projector, screen etc , pics - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-09-2010, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
see my thread in dedicated home theater.. I'm completely open to screen manufactures- my 3 speakers will be a tight fit behind the screen on a sound stage-- i can move the screen up and down on the wall-- but the wall follows a vaulted ceiling and has a 81.5" total height-- the back end of the 19' room has a 103" height -- there is a sketch that shows the calculations of the screen height / seating height/ projector height..

I'm thinking a 100" screen-- thats what is sketched up-- here is the sketchup file if you want to take a looks http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BX8CSUHB

can i go bigger?

here is the screen viewing distance from the 2 tiers of seating -- 11ft and 17 feet-- should i go with a bigger screen?

here is the back wall measurments of imaginary line of the top of the screen (100")

link to the build thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1287888

and a butload of pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 09:50 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Old 11-10-2010, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by umr View Post

I would lean toward ClearPix3 and Center Stage XD.

Here is a link to more details.

http://accucalhd.com/documents/accuc...een_report.pdf

nice read-- so i should hold my speakers back 1 foot from the screen? whats the minimum.. or should i just forget about doing the speakers behind the screen and build them into the millworks.. Perhaps dennis will tell me that when we order up his service..
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingraehl View Post

nice read-- so i should hold my speakers back 1 foot from the screen? whats the minimum.. or should i just forget about doing the speakers behind the screen and build them into the millworks.. Perhaps dennis will tell me that when we order up his service..

A few inches is all you need between the screen and the speakers. Dennis will help you if you are working with him.