Need some screen help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-09-2010, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any help is appreciated.

I bought an epson 8700ub and love it. Ive got it in a room thats about 13x17. Its just sitting on a table with no screen. Its at max zoom and the lens is about 10.5-11ft from the wall. I measured about 110 inches. It looks great even on the wall. I wish the brightness was a little better,but im sure that wil increase when a screen is added. I have pictures of the room if that will help but had a few questions.

-what is the gain of a medium brown flat wall..if that is even measurable. I'm just trying to gage how much of an increase in brightness I can expect.

-im looking at a 106-110 inch diagonal white 16:9 screen. Im wanting an increase in brightness but don't want to lose that much viewing angle. Would a modest gain,say 1.3-1.5,be appropriate?

-i have a budget of 500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone?

I looked at a carada but its about 800 for the bw.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey Man, Ah I remember months ago when I was in your position. Its crazy how complicated the projectors are isnt? Anyway, hopefully I can help you out. First, no way for us to know what the gain of the brown is, you would need a light meter for that but what I can tell you is a 1.1 gain screen will make that brown, well look like crap .

Since your on a budget, my reccomendation is do what I did and get a starter screen from Elite Screen or Focupix. I got a 135" 1.1 white matte manual screen from Elite, for $150 and free shipping with Amazon. Viewing angle is very good. I have the Epson 8500UB and anyone I show 1080P content to cannot believe their eyes. Here is a pic of the fox logo and avatar, in the middle of the day.

Taskman