Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #331 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
where can i buy additional french cleats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I never used mine - I received two, since my screen is wide (136") - if you can pay shipping, I can send you one - maybe someone else needs the other?

That's of course if you can't find something locally quicker.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
post #333 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 PM

Liked: 10
So, no drywall anchors are provided?
post #334 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassage View Post

So, no drywall anchors are provided?

nope
just drywall screws
after closer inspection i do have 2 french cleats
post #335 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 01:46 PM

So, both cleats go on the top of the frame? Or do you put one on the top and one on the bottom for the bigger sized screens?
post #336 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Both on top, to keep it from drooping under its own weight. Hung like a picture frame basically (which are usually only supported from the top).

|
|
|
|
post #337 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Liked: 11
My material was Seymour center stage xd.
post #338 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos38 View Post

what? the screen only hangs on 1 french cleat?
the screen weights 38 freakin pounds
theres gotta be a better way

A french-cleat by design is remarkably strong, that's why they're used. The one James sends is rated for like 80 pounds. It's not going anywhere.
post #339 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
When he mentioned having "two cleats upon further inspection" I hour you understand it takes 2 to hang the screen. One mounts to the back if the screen frame, the other to the wall.and they hang on each other. If he doesn't take you up on yours Brad I may be interested in all that you have.......but I'm gonna need then hand delivered.

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #340 of 1019 Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

And as started above. The cleats he provides are heavy duty cleats. The screen ain't going nowhere.

post #341 of 1019 Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

When he mentioned having "two cleats upon further inspection" I hour you understand it takes 2 to hang the screen. One mounts to the back if the screen frame, the other to the wall.and they hang on each other. If he doesn't take you up on yours Brad I may be interested in all that you have.......but I'm gonna need then hand delivered.

2 sets of cleats so 4 total pieces
post #342 of 1019 Old 02-04-2012, 08:38 AM

Update: My screen arrived last night so I was busy putting it together. Still need to re-stretch it again and hang it today
post #343 of 1019 Old 02-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

one word to describe this combo Epson 8350 and 130" jamestownscreen

INCREDIBLE
post #344 of 1019 Old 02-06-2012, 09:55 AM

I have a Jamestown White 127" and I must say the picture looks great!

It was very easy to assemble, except for wearing a little skin off my fingers from stretching and restretching and more restretching... would have been a lot easier if I had help but I'm just glad it's finally up!

Superbowl was Amazing on it paired with Sony HW30!!
post #345 of 1019 Old 02-07-2012, 11:44 AM

Another update: I received some samples from Da-Lite and compared them to the Jamestown white screen and I must say I'm really glad I saved money and ordered this screen because I honestly think it's better than the samples of the more expensive screen materials.

Samples were:
High Power
Silver Lite 2.5
Pearlescent
Cinema Vision

Honestly the High Power was brighter but the downfall to that screen was during dark scenes the detail was no where near as good as the other screens and the blacks suffered quite a bit. Even when I paused it between scenes to where the screen was completely black the High Power sample was glowing so I didn't wanna trade that for a brighter image.

The Silver Lite 2.5 was darker than the James which is supposed to be rated at 2.5 gain? (Idk maybe someone mis -advertized it on the bigscreen website)
It did give better blacks (of course because it's darker)

The Cinema and Pearl both looked equal on comparison with the James' brightness but the only difference I noticed is that they had a yellowish/gold tint to them and when there were supposed to be whites (example tested was white caps on waves in the ocean) it seemed to make the whites not white and have that same very slight yellow/gold tint to it. In my opinion the Jamestown looked better.

This is coming from someone who has no experience in this as this is my first projector and screen but I am now more happy with my purchase than before because of this comparison.

At first I was getting upset and very unhappy with the delivery time of this screen but now it seems worth while for a nice looking screen this big for ~ $300
post #346 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milez28 View Post

I have a Jamestown White 127" and I must say the picture looks great!

It was very easy to assemble, except for wearing a little skin off my fingers from stretching and restretching and more restretching... would have been a lot easier if I had help but I'm just glad it's finally up!

Superbowl was Amazing on it paired with Sony HW30!!

I am running a 130 inch Jamestown with the hw30. Really remarkable pq.
The screen is a two man install for sure, but once on the wall the screen is a dream.
post #347 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milez28 View Post

The Silver Lite 2.5 was darker than the James which is supposed to be rated at 2.5 gain? (Idk maybe someone mis -advertized it on the bigscreen website)

Isn't it an angular reflective material? If so, the amount of gain you get would be dependent on whether the projector is mounted so as to take advantage of that property.

|
|
|
|
post #348 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I've now had 2 of the shoppingdeals screens.
Had a 100" and upgraded to a custom 117"

Between the 2, the 117" took more time to stretch.

These screens put the Elite screen I had to shame.

I also had some samples from Carada and the screen material is comparable to the Carada Brilliant White.

For hanging it, I purchased 2 picture D-rings for $2 at the HW store.
I mounted them on the top/back of the frame and hung them on 2 screws.

post #349 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 AM

Still waiting to find out when I will get my Jamestown screen. I don't know about the rest of you, but the service has been terrible for me. It's almost impossible for me to get any info from them. They ignore my emails for days. I ordered on Jan 19th, and the last I heard from them, they said MAYBE it will ship by feb 5th, if they got caught up with their schedule. I've been trying for 2 days to find out what's going on and I can't get any answers. The first time I contacted them after I placed my order, it took 3 days to get a response.
post #350 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

Still waiting to find out when I will get my Jamestown screen. I don't know about the rest of you, but the service has been terrible for me. It's almost impossible for me to get any info from them. They ignore my emails for days. I ordered on Jan 19th, and the last I heard from them, they said MAYBE it will ship by feb 5th, if they got caught up with their schedule. I've been trying for 2 days to find out what's going on and I can't get any answers. The first time I contacted them after I placed my order, it took 3 days to get a response.

I never emailed him so I'm not sure how often they respond to them.

I do know that in most cases, I wouldn't expect the screen to be built, packaged and shipped for about 3 weeks.
So about 3-4 weeks from time of order to delivery.

He builds them as they are ordered.
If for some unforeseen reason he runs out of material, it may delay your order.

Have you tried calling him?

http://www.jamestownhometheaterscreen.com/

post #351 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:

That is nothing like the experience I had with James, even when he was busy. I would normally send an email late and night, and he would answer the next day before noon. He always answered all my questions and was very polite. Have you tried calling?
post #352 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 PM

If I don't get any email response again today after trying for 3 days, I guess I should give them a call. Maybe they just don't check emails often.
post #353 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 02:26 PM

I placed order on 12th Jan 2012, I received email few mins back stating that my screen is shipped today, expected delivery is on 10th Feb 2012.

So guys who are planning to place order and who already placed order, I think it will definitely take 4 weeks from the date the order is placed for James to ship it, assuming there are no natural calamities and or his raw material supply problems

I think almost everybody is already aware of this, but honestly I did not know this before I placed the order, I was expecting really to receive the screen in 10 business days....
post #354 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchsri View Post

I placed order on 12th Jan 2012, I received email few mins back stating that my screen is shipped today, expected delivery is on 10th Feb 2012.

So guys who are planning to place order and who already placed order, I think it will definitely take 4 weeks from the date the order is placed for James to ship it, assuming there are no natural calamities and or his raw material supply problems

I think almost everybody is already aware of this, but honestly I did not know this before I placed the order, I was expecting really to receive the screen in 10 business days....

Hmmm... I ordered mine on Jan 4th and still haven't received the screen or even shipping confirmation. It has been nearly 5 weeks since it was ordered! I was wondering if the eBay orders get preference to avoid poor feedback. Unfortunately, I ordered mine directly through his website.
post #355 of 1019 Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If I don't get any email response again today after trying for 3 days, I guess I should give them a call. Maybe they just don't check emails often.

I have been dealing with James for a over a 2 years (off and on) and will say this. When he is busy he will answer emails daily and sometimes multiple times a day. Unfortunately right now he is super busy. I know this because I just got a screen from him a month ago and had him order some extra things for me from a supplier of his 2 days ago and his email response time has been slower than normal. If you just ordered on Jan 19th.......be patient, give him a call if you feel the need but understand these things take time. It has only been 20 days as of today and with the holidays just ending and the superbowl season here his orders are through the roof. And as one poster pointed out he builds each screen by hand, per order. Nothing is made before hand as each screen is different. And last I knew he was working alone on this so it takes time. Also keep in mind after he cuts each board and wraps the frame in velvet he then "dry fits" each frame to pre-drill the necessary holes etc. I can only imagine the amount of labor it takes to make each screen.

post #356 of 1019 Old 02-09-2012, 06:54 AM

My guess is the Ebay orders go first becuase his listing gives a specific turnaround time. I went though Ebay on January 14 and I am receiving mine today. My listing had a 10-13 working day delivery time which put the delivery end of last week. He has always replied rather quickly to me.
Can't wait to put this puppy up. Just got a complete 7 channel set of Infinity Primus speakers and I'm looking forward to finally watching Star Wars on Blu Ray. I've been holding out untill my new rig was complete.
post #357 of 1019 Old 02-09-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopenutz View Post

Hmmm... I ordered mine on Jan 4th and still haven't received the screen or even shipping confirmation. It has been nearly 5 weeks since it was ordered! I was wondering if the eBay orders get preference to avoid poor feedback. Unfortunately, I ordered mine directly through his website.

Just FYI, I ordered directly from his website and not ebay, maybe the size of the screen matters, I ordered 110 inch screen in 16:9 format.
post #358 of 1019 Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 AM

I ordered mine directly through the site, not ebay. 130" screen. Not sure if it matters. I emailed twice in the last 3 days, today is day 4. Still no reply. I think I will have to call today.
post #359 of 1019 Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
I ordered direct and not through eBay as well. It took about a month, but half that time was James waiting on SeymourAV to get more material as SeymourAV ran out.

James responded to all my inquiries in a timely manner.
post #360 of 1019 Old 02-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

quick video of my jamestown 130" screen and epson 8350

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtHNRfEWouY
Reply Screens

Tags
Elite , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 , Projectors , Elite Screens Maxwhite Ez Cinema Series Floor Stand Telescoping Pull Up Screen 60 Diagonal

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page