1-14-11 and no screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1011 Old 02-05-2011, 05:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I think both of you should likely be getting them very soon. James was looking for the link to the forum to start posting and letting people know that's he's hard at work getting everything out.

I've provided him the link, so hopefully he can supply some of that information without breaking the rules. Will be nice to have him here so he can answer some questions about how it's made, materials used, etc.

Maybe someone that knows the rules for vendors a bit better can direct him to some guidelines so he doesn't get in trouble for promoting his wares.
post #93 of 1011 Old 02-05-2011, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Well I'm very disappointed to here people won't be getting there screens for the Superbowl I ordered mine on 1/17 and unless it comes today I won't make it. I understand James perdicament though and I personally will cut him some slack **** happens and he seems to be an honest hard working stand up guy. I've been working day and night trying to get my basement done for superbowl and hopefully I'll be ready for tommorrow still lots to do!!! I agree let Jayhawk 75 keep us informed of the situation and he has been doing a great job, Thank You by the way and when I was looking for a cheap quality screen this was a compromise I was willing to make. Good Luck to everyone I hope you get a priority delivery today!!!!!
People that have recieved your screen I'd love tho hear your impressions!
Now back to the dungeon I mean basement.
post #94 of 1011 Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks Jay for updating us and helping out.I too understand there is always a compromise when saving a buck and sh** does happen.It would be nice to get some info on a real shipping estimate, I ask Friday 4th but no reply yet.
post #95 of 1011 Old 02-05-2011, 05:16 PM

Hi.
This is James with Jamestown Screens. I wanted to try to touch base and give an update as Steve suggested
I am back from the hospital and moving but slow.
My business is Me, my brother part time and my wife helping occasionally.
This weekend we have my Father and Son helping also.
We are trying to get through about 20 or so screens by late Tuesday.
This would be about a normal weeks work. We hope to be totally catch up in the time line by end of the week. I apologize about everyone not getting return calls/emails.
During my stay at the hospital my wife was trying to take care of me(drugged and out of it) and answer everyone as best she could.
If we missed you please email us at jpm1@charter.net or call at 423-285-3333.
If there is no answer at the phone leave a number please so we can call back if we are in the shop with machines going we can't always hear the phone.
I noticed that someone mentioned maybe we should not be still taking orders.
75-80% of our orders comes from the google adwords ads we run normally on the side when you search for terms like "home theater screen".
The day after I was admitted those ads were shut down to prevent this becoming an on going late issue.
I do want to apologize for the screens being late.
Trust me I would have rather worked 24 hour shifts than go through what I just went through.

The orders that went out Friday where some that were already in progress and only needed upholstering and packing.
Some where where someone had canceled and we shipped that size/color to the next person in line for it.
We have had some customers who have replied that there home theater wouldn't be done until march so don't worry about them now.
We are working around these and getting out everyone's that wanted theirs and is late,
Some people here will start receiving tracking numbers for Monday shipments as early as tomorrow as they get packed.
Thanks everyone.
James
post #96 of 1011 Old 02-05-2011, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
James I personally have not yet ordered a screen with you as I am not ready but I indeed did just receive a few screen material samples from you and am very pleased. I also have been in contact with you over the last year and you have been VERY generous toward me with your time in helping me in answering ALL my email questions regarding screens, screen sizes as well as projector and projection distance questions. All your emailed responses have been faster than expected and your answers have always been precise and well thought out. I personally feel that those out here that have been upset with the fact that they have yet to get their screens or upset that they didnt get a timely response to an email or a phone call are a little quick and inconsiderate with their reactions as the fact of the matter is that things (like accidents or emergencies) happen and they can not be controlled. I personally know that you are trying your hardest to make as many people happy as possible and the business your run and the product you put out is VERY customer satisfaction driven and if you could have avoided this medical emergency that you would have worked day and night to make sure EVERYONE had received their screen in time for the big game on Sunday!! That all being said I truly look forward to someday soon (as soon as my theater version 2 is ready)to place my order with YOU for my screen as you have proven to me that ordering from you (as a small business) is MUCH better than ordering from a corporation where you as a customer are just an order #. Thank you James for posting here to help some people that have already placed orders in making them feel better as I personally think this was a step above and beyond the call of duty and I wish you the best in a speedy recovery.

Sincerely,

Steve

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #97 of 1011 Old 02-06-2011, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

James thanks for the update it is greatly appreciated!! I understand your dilemma and appreciate your honesty and effort in this situation as the owner of a small business I understand how an illness or emergency can be quite a disruption. I am currently waiting on a matte white 130 in. screen and can't wait to see it but a couple of extra days isn't that big a deal. One of the reasons I choose you was your great reputation for customer service and a quality product at a budget price and I look forward to experiencing both.

Get Well
Scott
post #98 of 1011 Old 02-07-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandram View Post

Hi.
This is James with Jamestown Screens. I wanted to try to touch base and give an update as Steve suggested
I am back from the hospital and moving but slow.

I am very glad to hear this James. Your wife was kind enough to email me (assuming others as well) about your condition. I understand the delay and hope the quality remains the same as your team pushes out the orders. Thanks for the updates and get well soon!

EG
post #99 of 1011 Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk785 View Post
21st ish? Check your paypal payment to be sure. I sent her another email.

I ordered mine on the 18th. So after me you come first lol
Nope. I ordered mine on the 18th at 5:43PM EST. So he is at least 3rd
post #100 of 1011 Old 02-08-2011, 09:28 AM

I ordered mine on the 23rd and it sounds like it might ship by the beginning of next week according to an email. James seems like a top notch guy but I'm not sure I can wait that long. I might have to pay a couple hundred more and get an Elite by Friday so I can finish my room.
post #101 of 1011 Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 PM

what is the website?
where are the screens on ebay?

I'm having trouble finding Jamestown screens.

thanks
post #102 of 1011 Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigredCali View Post

what is the website?
where are the screens on ebay?

I'm having trouble finding Jamestown screens.

thanks

www.jamestownhometheaterscreen.com
post #103 of 1011 Old 02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 39
1/17/2011 order....still waiting.

I'll give him a few more days.....
post #104 of 1011 Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
To all of you waiting for your screens a bit of an update.

I Have the screen assembled and hanging on the wall, unfortunately I had some minor setbacks with the build and was not ready for the Superbowl However I did temporarily setup my projector tonight to test out the screen. This is all new to me, but I can tell you that it looked great!!!! The image looked sharp and vibrant and I could not see any texture on the screen, even if I got up within a couple of feet. The velvet border is very nice and soaks up the overspill almost completely. Overall the quality seems really good and I can not see the joints in the frame at normal viewing distance. Also I think it was asked somewhere but the back of the screen material is a solid black. Compared to when I was projecting on to my tan wall, I was using living room mode and now with the screen it is just as bright in THX mode and a whole lot sharper! I will try to post pictures and a screen shot soon. I am happy with the purchase as the screen cost me less than I was pricing out for materials for a DIY Wilsonart screen, I didn't have to take the time to build it, and the craftsmanship is above what I would have been able to do. I hope this helps some of you who are anxiously awaiting screens. Just remember it might be worth holding out for even if you need it by xyz date because your room will be ready, becuase if your builds are anything like mine they have supposed to have been ready on several xyz dates that have come and gone!!
post #105 of 1011 Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 AM

Thanks for the update cheezit. My 100" should be here today. Glad to hear you are happy. I have been waiting sometime myself.

T
post #106 of 1011 Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Kapone I ordered mine the same day and I'm still waiting also I figure I should get my shipping info in a few more days and I'd rather wait a few extra days then have him rush them out and the quality be subpar.

Cheezit great to hear your evaluation and that your happy sorry to hear you couldn't be ready for superbowl. I would love to see some screenshots and pictures of your build hopefully others that received their screens will start posting their impressions and as Tom Petty said " the waiting is the hardest part".

Congrats
post #107 of 1011 Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 PM

I'm building this weekend so I unfortunately had to cancel my order with Jamestown. I ended up ordering an Elite Sable Frame 106" from amazon ($3.99 overnight shipping for Prime members). It cost about $60-70 more than the Jamestown.
post #108 of 1011 Old 02-10-2011, 05:43 AM

Another snow storm shut down Nashville. I wonder how he is a few hours east...?
post #109 of 1011 Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM

Received my Jamestown 100" white yesterday and put it together today. Everything went fine. I have it on the wall and waiting to pull the trigger on the Epson 8350 or the 8700. Every time I make up my mind somebody will post a dust problem or some other type problem which makes me think twice. Anyway the screen looks nice and nothing seemed to go wrong for a change.
post #110 of 1011 Old 02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have an Epson 8500 with a Jamestown 110" white screen and they look fantastic together.
post #111 of 1011 Old 02-10-2011, 01:50 PM

Hi,
This is James.
We are working on orders with order dates through the 12th tomorrow.
We will be making a big push this weekend. Working 2 14 hour days over the weekend and hope to have orders with order dates through the 19th/20th ready to ship Monday.
Thanks for everyones patience.
post #112 of 1011 Old 02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWM442766 View Post

Received my Jamestown 100" white yesterday and put it together today. Everything went fine. I have it on the wall and waiting to pull the trigger on the Epson 8350 or the 8700. Every time I make up my mind somebody will post a dust problem or some other type problem which makes me think twice. Anyway the screen looks nice and nothing seemed to go wrong for a change.

You have a screen and nothing to put on it? If you have a dvd player they find faults, avr, prepro, amp you name it.The 8350 is absolutely awsome for the $, to me, I don't care to read what others think about my choices.
post #113 of 1011 Old 02-10-2011, 06:21 PM

Mine went out today , be here valentines day. Might have to cal in sick and put it together. Was waiting on the Epson 21000 but will prob. Get the 8700. I ordered it around the 10th. Room is close to finished and still looking at in ceiling speakers Either htd 6.5 angled or the mono price 8 Inc angled. Any one use these?
Still waiting on the sectional sofa by paliser. I'll post pics when screen is up
post #114 of 1011 Old 02-10-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo C View Post

You have a screen and nothing to put on it? If you have a dvd player they find faults, avr, prepro, amp you name it.The 8350 is absolutely awsome for the $, to me, I don't care to read what others think about my choices.

I dug out of the closet an old projector Infocus LP630 I use for outdoors stuff and stuck it on the table and projected the set top box to the new screen. I think it looks good for the money I spent. I think I will buy the 8350 over the weekend if i have time if I don't change my mind. I should have a mount waiting on my front porch tomorrow.
post #115 of 1011 Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 PM

I ordered on 01/06/11 and still nothing for me

Edit: I posted earlier that it shipped but it was a tracking number for something else!
post #116 of 1011 Old 02-12-2011, 05:34 AM

We need a system like standby at the airports...
J SMI
T STE
A RAY
Your screens are shipped!
J SAN
R WHI
You are on deck!
Ha!
post #117 of 1011 Old 02-13-2011, 03:03 PM

Jamestown screen daytime screenshots

post #118 of 1011 Old 02-13-2011, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Any more details about what projector your using? How much (if any) light control you have in the room? What size is that? And do you have any light controlled, dark room shots?

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #119 of 1011 Old 02-13-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

Any more details about what projector your using? How much (if any) light control you have in the room? What size is that? And do you have any light controlled, dark room shots?

I am using Benq W6000, the screen is 120" 2.35 aspect ratio, no light control, two windows in the room with white blinds. walls are tan and ceiling is white. I will take some pictures later today after it gets dark.
post #120 of 1011 Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Great shots locopablo can't wait to see the night time shots care to comment on the build and picture quality of the screen.
Hopefully a bunch of us will be getting shipping info tomorrow fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Screens

Tags
Elite , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 , Projectors , Elite Screens Maxwhite Ez Cinema Series Floor Stand Telescoping Pull Up Screen 60 Diagonal

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page