AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi

I might be moving my PJ into my bedroom so I will be needing an electric
screen.

Don't want to pay for an expensive screen becasue it won't be getting much use and the one in my living room is staying right where it is for my future 3D PJ down the road. Besides it's too big for the bedroom.

I found this Antra screen which is very cheap and wondering if anyone has ever dealt with or own an Antra Screen.

They are OEM Direct.

http://stores.ebay.com/OEM-Direct-St...=p4634.c0.m322

Thanks

See My AVS Classified Ad .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 107
If you bought that screen, installed it, and it went up and down 3 time and broke, would you care?

If so, why not just go for one of the inexpensive manual pull downs made by a company that people have been dealing with for years like Dalite, Elite.. etc That way you won't be all upset after you install the screen, run power and find out it is just another hunk of Chinese junk...

That would be my thinking if it were me..
post #3 of 21 Old 02-25-2011, 01:13 PM

Liked: 11
agree with airscapes. There are some things you can get cheap on, an mechanical screen would not be one. Just the mechanism alone should cost more than what the price is for that screen on ebay. I can't imagine you purchasing and having good results.

Contact your AV Science sales guy for a quot on a manual pull down from Da Lite, you'll be surprised that you don't need to up the budget too much to get yourself into a quality screen.

benny
post #4 of 21 Old 09-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
so anyone try one of these?

not sure why people don't like these when everyone seems to like the favi electrics. I came across this one as I believe I can squeeze in a 135 inch screen instead of 120. so my choice is manual elite screen or this for about 100 dollars more. an electric screen would definately be nice.
post #5 of 21 Old 09-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

I could be wrong, but the antra screenlooks exactly the same as the mono price screen that is 100 dollars more
post #6 of 21 Old 09-19-2011, 08:43 AM

I personally have never seen or played with this screen before.
Sorry, can't be much help on this one..

Benito
post #7 of 21 Old 09-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

i talked to the seller, he says its 1 year warranty, and if by some reason the screen arrives defective that isn't shipping damage, he will ship out a new one without having to send the old one back, seems like a good deal to me.

of course its relatively easy to claim something is shipping damage but I could most likely fix any problem if they send some parts as long as the screen isn't damaged and the borders are printed on it correctly. I read a review of a favi screen where the black border was printed incorrectly, thats something I can't really fix.
post #8 of 21 Old 02-19-2012, 09:36 AM

Liked: 10
Yes I own an Antra electric screen, mine is 135"
no problems whatsoever, they are a very good screen and I use it for 3D movies,
dont over pay for something that Antra probably buys and sells cheaper than the competition
post #9 of 21 Old 02-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

i bought one and have been using it for 3 months, its great, except it has gotten some waves in it, but they are really only noticable when my computer desktop is up on the screen.

but the big issue i'm having is the random screen up and downs that have been happening that i posted about in another thread.
post #10 of 21 Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

i bought one and have been using it for 3 months, its great, except it has gotten some waves in it,

hmm, I have a pulldown with waves I was going to replace, and I thought electric's didn't develop waves, since there's no 'pulling' from the bottom.

Anyone else get waves on their electric screens?
post #11 of 21 Old 02-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovision View Post

hmm, I have a pulldown with waves I was going to replace, and I thought electric's didn't develop waves, since there's no 'pulling' from the bottom.

Anyone else get waves on their electric screens?

its still thin material, you can't really notice it, i notice it when the computer desktop is on the screen, during movies you can't really notice it and in 3d you can't notice it at all.
post #12 of 21 Old 09-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

does anyone know a way to get this to work with harmony remote or have a manual for it? I have no idea what I did with my manual for the thing.
post #13 of 21 Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Anyone else can comment on Antra electric screens ? It's only 20$ more then a 135 Elite screen pull down !
post #14 of 21 Old 12-11-2013, 03:48 PM

I just tried a 119", and so far so good. Pretty much the identical screen as the old Sharpvision, or the Accuscreen, except that the Antra has built in steel brackets vas. the plastic ones of the others. The only qualm I am having is that it appears to be only a RF remote option. I would like to add an IR option, or 12v trigger to add it into my macro's
post #15 of 21 Old 01-09-2014, 07:30 PM

I just purchased the Antra Electric Motorized 119" 16:9 Projector Projection Screen Matte White, so far I love it! Came tighlty packaged, sealed in wrap and boxed up tight, no problems with the shipping, installation was simple, I had it hung up (ceiling mount with 8" metal hook anchors) in less than 20 minutes. Remote works fine, has a box switch as well which is somewhat annoying to hide, I just tucked it back behind the screen so it's not noticable (remote still works with the box out of view) and mine came with no ripples waves or anything, nice black border, motor is quiet however I plan on leaving mine down probably most the time. And as for some saying the screens have this smell, this one well to me just smelled brand new, nothing that bothered me. For what I paid ($175) this screen is perfect for my basement home theatre.

post #16 of 21 Old 02-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Does anyone know if these Antra screens work with floating brackets?

'Best comment on one of my AVS reviews ever, "What did I just try to read!" Latest -'Oh, no, they say he's got to go' or 'The man in the rubber directors suit':
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/44-mov...l#post24741865
post #17 of 21 Old 02-09-2014, 03:13 PM

nowknown, this is how mine is mounted, not sure about floating brackets but this may help you decide if they would work

post #18 of 21 Old 02-22-2014, 02:29 PM

Is any one using Antra tab-tensioned screen? How is it? Lowest price on tab-tensioned screen I've seen so far: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/290914666338?lpid=82
post #19 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 03:18 AM

I'm using the fixed tab tension screen and I'm really impressed. I had the electric one and I'll neve buy it again, waves drove me bonkers. Compared to the fixed screen you can't really compare, the fixed is much more for cinema with the velvet wrapped aluminum and NOT cheap quality at all. It's actually very good and shocked. The material is much better on the fixed screen as well.

And my favourite part? The screen is so freaking flat, when putting together which is very easy the only trouble I had was pulling the material on the last frame over the tensioners. I though oh man this may rip but no way. This material is so strong it's insane. I honestly would expect this to compare to the higher end screens for sure. I'm very happy.

Also, when you hang this you can easily just slide the screen left to right as the hangers are in a channel on back on frame and slide back and forth. Pretty convenient for aligning.

I have a pretty extensive setup and I'm happy. I would not hesitate for a second on this fixed tab tensioned screen.

I have the 120 inch 16:9.
post #20 of 21 Old 05-09-2014, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What about screen picture quality? is there visible screen texture on bright scene or hot spotting and what actual color on a matte white 1.1 screen?

post #21 of 21 Old 05-09-2014, 05:44 PM

No spotting at all. Picture is outstanding. Visible texture on bright scene? Ah. No.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page