Looking for a 1.3 to 1.7 gain screen for a LED projector (electric, tab tension) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello all,

I am looking for an electric screen, preferably tab tensioned, 120 inch 16:9 screen with some type of white material.

I would like a gain of 1.5 but am not sure what screen or brand. There are so many screens out there.

I have a Runco Q-750i LED projector on a 1.1 gain elite screen right now; at 120" it is alittle dim 10.2 FL.

I do not hvae a totally light controlled room and want a screen that will not hot spot. I would also like good angles for viewing at least 60 degrees each side of center before the screen hits 1.0 gain. I would prefer 75 degrees.

budget is under 2K retail, again I would prefer less cost, but not looking for the cheapest either.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 35
The only screens I would consider with that level of gain are a Stewart StudioTek and Screen Innovations Solar HD. Test results for these materials are in my report linked to below. A 60 degree viewing angle is not reasonable with a gain screen. Your budget is also not reasonable for this.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2011, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey David,

I had that projector in my hands for a few months.....beautiful projector!!! I had used it on a Firehawk G3 with amazing results. Studiotek 130 also gave phenomenal results but because of my application, i was forced into a Firehawk.

as umr mentioned, that is a tight budget to work with on a drop down screen with tab tension. Might want to consider Da Lite if you are unable to up the budget and jump into a Stewart or SI screen.

Benito
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page