AT screen: cheaper than factory made, easier than DIY - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 79 Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Yes, they also offer non-AT screen material, that is more their standard offering, and the Seymour AT material is a more recent option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 Old 09-16-2012, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Does he make 16:9 screens as well? Plus I dont need a AT screen does he have that option as well
post #63 of 79 Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I found the website, now I have my answers... forgot to look there! Thanks for the help.

I have some screen samples coming, and I'm ready to get this thing up on the wall!!!
post #64 of 79 Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 AM

They do have 16:9 screens.
post #65 of 79 Old 09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Brad quick question about the attachment cleats for the screen (my screen should be here before next weekend). Can you decide how far left and how far right from center you attach the screen to the wall. I have a false wall built with two 12 in wide attachment points each starting 24in from center and moving out left and right

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #66 of 79 Old 09-19-2012, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'll have to defer to someone else, since I didn't use the provided mounting hardware, opting instead for a pair of piano hinges. My guess would be get them close to the 1/3 width and 2/3 width points, but others with experience using the supplied cleats will have a better idea.

|
|
|
|
post #67 of 79 Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

ok I'll let you know how it goes. I am definetely right around the 1/3 and 2/3 points, I just hope I'm not forced into exact locations for the hardware. Thanks again for all you help really looking forward to seeing the new screen.

Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
post #68 of 79 Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 PM

unfortunately here I am, three weeks later and I still haven't received my screen samples.

Epson 8350
16' throw distance
120 or 130" size
Dedicated room with lighting control

White or Grey?
post #69 of 79 Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTerk View Post

unfortunately here I am, three weeks later and I still haven't received my screen samples.
Epson 8350
16' throw distance
120 or 130" size
Dedicated room with lighting control
White or Grey?

From whom are you waiting on screen samples from?

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
Seymour-Screen Excellence
post #70 of 79 Old 10-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

went together easy and material is pre cut. Looks great and no more moire effect. I am really happy I found this thread.

post #71 of 79 Old 10-18-2012, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Glad it worked out for you too, that looks great. Over a year after installing mine, I'm still very happy with it, and expect to get many years of use.

|
|
|
|
post #72 of 79 Old 10-28-2012, 03:50 PM

Well, I bit the bullet last month and ordered the 130" white material from Jamestown. I'm sure it'll be more than the 10-14 days listed (since that has already come and gone LOL!) but I look forward to receiving and installing it soon!
post #73 of 79 Old 10-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mine was a little late to, but it turned out great, hope yours does too!

post #74 of 79 Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Ordered mine on 10-29. 120" wide viewable with the SeymourAV Center Stage XD screen material. Was told 12-15 business days. Hoping for the week of Thanksgiving. I'll report back when it arrives!

post #75 of 79 Old 11-26-2012, 06:02 PM

Liked: 10
I just placed an order for a 120" White Jamestown Home Theater Screen... The low price worries me that the screen material isn't very good quality.. I am NOT in need of an AT material. What's the visual quality from the JTHT Screen vs the Seymour?
Love the detailed pictures! Thanks!
post #76 of 79 Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Danny - I can't really comment on the Seymour vs. Jamestown screen material, as I only have experience with the Seymour. Maybe someone else will chime in, or post to the Jamestown screen thread to get other feedback - I don't recall having seen any negative reviews of the screen material though.

|
|
|
|
post #77 of 79 Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWCR View Post

Ordered mine on 10-29. 120" wide viewable with the SeymourAV Center Stage XD screen material. Was told 12-15 business days. Hoping for the week of Thanksgiving. I'll report back when it arrives!
Screen arrived today (12-13). 6.5 weeks after being quoted 13-15 business days. Ship date was changed 4 times during the process. Plan on ordering well in advance of your needed by date. My "needed by" date was pushed by me, so not too upset since I wasn't ready for it anyway. Just want everyone to be aware. Communication was reactive, instead of letting me know of the delays. Once I started emailing, he did respond quickly though. Will report back on the quality once I have it installed. Hopefully this weekend.

post #78 of 79 Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWCR View Post

Screen arrived today (12-13). 6.5 weeks after being quoted 13-15 business days. Ship date was changed 4 times during the process. Plan on ordering well in advance of your needed by date. My "needed by" date was pushed by me, so not too upset since I wasn't ready for it anyway. Just want everyone to be aware. Communication was reactive, instead of letting me know of the delays. Once I started emailing, he did respond quickly though. Will report back on the quality once I have it installed. Hopefully this weekend.
A quick update on my Jamestown screen. Finally was ready to install it this weekend, and I have to say it was a breeze. The frame went together easy (almost didn't need instructions, but the included instructions were helpful). Once the frame was assembled, it was time to install the Seymour Centerstage XD material. I was kind of nervous about this part since my closest experience to stretching screen fabric was putting plastic on windows in our old house (Could never get rid of all the wrinkles even with the hairdryer mad.gif!) But I digress...

The material went in easy, and if you take your time and work opposite sides like the instructions say, it isn't hard to be wrinkle free. I only had to re-stretch 3-4 spots to get it nice and smooth. Installing the hanger bars was painless as well. The entire process took right about 2 hours for me from un-boxing to staring at the screen on my wall. This was a one person project, so it probably could have gone a bit faster with another set of hands.

I now have a nice 120" 2.35:1 screen that looks great! Extremely happy that I went with Jamestown instead of full DIY. Kudos James on a great product! smile.gif

post #79 of 79 Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Congrats GWCR, looks good - next stop, screen wall panels! wink.gif

|
|
|
|
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page