Hello all! First time poster here.
I recently purchased my first projector (an Epson 8350). I've spent the last couple of days reading forums (primarily this one) trying to decide between a DIY painted screen and a pre-made, fixed screen. Long story short, I'm still completely undecided. I was hoping I could get a little advice from more experienced HT folks. I thank you in advance if you're able to take a few moments to offer any.
Here's what I'm working with:
- Projector: Epson 8350
- Desired screen size: 120" (16:9)
- Room: 15.5' deep by 25' wide
- Lighting: There are a couple of curtained windows, but they let some ambient light in. I'm not sure but I would say the ambient light level is medium. (If this is a deal breaker I am willing to do more work in terms of black-out curtains. Additionally, I usually only have time for gaming/movies at night due to work.)
- Surrounding Walls/Ceiling: My walls are painted a very light blue, but as the room is large-ish I was hoping the reflection from them would be minimized. The ceiling itself is vaulted and about 20' to the top so I was thinking it would not be much of an issue.
- Budget: Less than $750 (the lower, the better)
Again, if you're able to offer any advice, I thank you for it.
If not, I'll keep reading and will eventually update this post with my decision.