AVS Forum banner

Best Buy Screens...

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  TNLDC 
#1 ·
Setting up a home theater and looking to buy everything from Best Buy due to the 36 month no interest payment option. Projector will be the Epson 8350, Samsung sound bar, etc.

I'm worried about the screen options. I'd be looking to get the screen linked below.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Projecta...&skuId=2539083

I've been unable to find any reviews which is a red flag in itself. Has anyone had an experience with this screen type? I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this (please point me in the right direction.

TIA

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 /forum/post/21136425

I would get a CITI 0% 21-24 month card and by elsewhere...gives you more options.

I agree with this....

you are limiting yourself and paying much more than you have to by purchasing only what best buy offers.

In regards to that screen. Never heard of it so i wouldn't recommend. For that price, you can put yourself into a much nicer screen material with proven results.

Benito

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vttait23 /forum/post/21136415

Setting up a home theater and looking to buy everything from Best Buy due to the 36 month no interest payment option. Projector will be the Epson 8350, Samsung sound bar, etc.

I'm worried about the screen options. I'd be looking to get the screen linked below.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Projecta...&skuId=2539083

I've been unable to find any reviews which is a red flag in itself. Has anyone had an experience with this screen type? I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this (please point me in the right direction.

TIA

The screen from you BB link appears to be a Eurpoean version of a Da-lite screen being sold under the name Projecta. I says it has a Da-Mat screen fabric which is a Da-lite trade name for their matte white material. Also the BB listing calls it a Perm-Wall screen which is the name used by Da-Lite for one of their series of fixed frame screens (their least expensive fixed frame screens). Actually if you compare the BB price for the Projecta to the discounted street price for a Da-Lite Perm-wall screen of this size, the price is very competitive. However, from other Da-Lite dealers you would have a choice of many other screen fabrics as well as other screen types and models.

It appears that Projecta is a European division of Da-Lite. HERE is a link with info about Projecta, where I found the following info:

"Projecta is a part of the Da-Lite Group, consisting of the Da-Lite Screen Company (USA), Procolor (France) and Projecta (The Netherlands). Our combined knowlegde and expertise has resulted in a worldwide market leader position in the manufacturing of projection screens."

#5 ·
I have recently purchased pull down matte white 106 inch Projecta screen Type B at BestBuy. The specification was not showing the gain of the screen so I wrote an email to Projecta asking for this information and they replied. This screen uses 1.0 gain fabric and Projecta is indeed a sister company to US DeLite. I was looking for neutral gain screen and I am glad I found what I need in my local BB store.

#6 ·
I've have the Projecta 106" paired with an Epson 8350 and it works very well. I really like the screen, no issues with hot spotting, sparkling, etc. Also, no wrinkles after 1 yr of use. My only wish is that they made a 120 since I now want to go bigger. I'm currently testing a lower cost Elite 120" with MaxWhite material and it is not as good as the Projecta. I don't think you will be disappointed with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.