Jamestown custom sizes? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-21-2011, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone ever had a custom size built from JT, like a 2.35:1 maybe? Is there a large fee for a custom size, and how much longer does it take to ship?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-21-2011, 07:39 AM

I talked to him yesterday about a custom size screen. I wanted the biggest I could fit and it ended up being about 127" 16:9 screen so basically he said you pay for the next size up screen and my case would be paying the price of the 130"...

So basically anything above the standard size he offers you pay for the next size up which makes sense. Hope that helps
post #3 of 9 Old 12-21-2011, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Well, they don't have any 2.35:1 screens listed, so it would be a custom size and shape. I know some people on this forum have had 2.35:1 screens built from JT.
post #4 of 9 Old 12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassage View Post

Well, they don't have any 2.35:1 screens listed, so it would be a custom size and shape. I know some people on this forum have had 2.35:1 screens built from JT.

They will definitely do custom. I do know they are extremely busy right now, but are by responsive. Recommend giving them a call or dropping them an email. I ordered a 125" Jamestown frame with the SeymourAV Centerstage XD AT screen and James was really great to work with.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-27-2011, 12:07 PM

I did a custom 2.35 screen from James as well. It was priced comparably to the 16:9 screens.

ack_bk, are you saying that James now offers an AT screen option? He didn't do this when I bought mine.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-30-2011, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephF View Post

I did a custom 2.35 screen from James as well. It was priced comparably to the 16:9 screens.

ack_bk, are you saying that James now offers an AT screen option? He didn't do this when I bought mine.

Yes. He uses the SeymourAV Centerstage XD screen material and gets it direct from SeymourAV. It has the tilt to reduce moire effect as well.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-01-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Yes. He uses the SeymourAV Centerstage XD screen material and gets it direct from SeymourAV. It has the tilt to reduce moire effect as well.

How's the picture quality on that screen compared to the normal screen you get from Jamestown?
post #8 of 9 Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Is it possible to get material from Da-Lite (e.g., High Power) and have JT set it up for one of their frames?

Right now I'm somewhat torn between a JT custom (was leaning towards 2.35:1, but am still mulling it over) and a Da-Lite Model C custom 2.35:1. I'm just a bit concerned about going with a screen material from JT that I have no prior experience with (my current screen is a 92" 16:9 Da-Lite Model B High Power, but I've upgraded my projector so I've got more lumens to work with now).

Scott R
--------------
I'd much rather watch a great movie in B&W at 240 lines of resolution than a lousy movie in 1080p with lossless audio.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 AM

Liked: 17
I ordered a 2.35 140" (width) screen with Seymour XD material from JT in mid December...still have not gotten it yet. I know the XD materia has been on back order, but they have been shipping for about 3-4 weeks now. If you do order don't be in a rush to get it!, I'm running into 8 weeks now.

I'll post back on the quality of it when i get it!
DrZaus likes this.

"Its never easy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page