Screen Recommendation - AT using Epson 6010 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all...I am in the process of building my first home theater and have really enjoyed reading the threads on this list. I am hoping some will chime in with a recommendation for me.

My HT space is about 14W x 20D, however the room is open to one side. My projector will be about 14ft back, and seating will also be about 14ft back. I am considering a 110 inch screen - I could go larger but it creates some issues with my speaker placement so 110 is optimal for me. I am going with an Epson 6010 projector....I want to enjoy 3D but mostly 2D, my lighting is controllable but I want some viewing to be with ambient lighting on for sporting events and casual events. AVS has recommended a Da-Lite CinemaVision 1.3 gain screen for my use, but now I am considering an AT screen.

I was originally looking at the B&W CMC2 center but am not looking at the CMW7.3 which is an in-wall 3 way speaker that works well as a center. I have a budget of about $1500 for a screen and frame...Thx in advance for any thoughts and recommendations.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 10:02 PM

I'm going to buy the Epson 6010 and i just finished building the same screen Brad did (Seymour screen on a Jamestown frame). I can tell you more about it when i get my hands on the 6010. Overall cost for the screen is a fraction of what you would pay to Stewart or any of his other expensive friends.

Pete
Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 PM

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1346404

see Brad's build above to see what im talking about... I basically copied his moves.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Pete View Post

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1346404

see Brad's build above to see what im talking about... I basically copied his moves.

Thx...I have read his thread. I considering this, and am not concerned about building a frame (I have plenty of skills to do this), however I do want a top quality material that meets the requirements that I stated. I look forward to hearing back on how well this material performs with the 6010....I think in the long run I will be happier going with a built-in center.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 531
For 2D it would work very well, but at about 500 hours you will be around 10 or 11 FL for 3D, if you consider the Center Stage XD as 1.0 gain.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 01-11-2012, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

The for your help today Mike! You guys are awesome.....

Too many options!!! I think I am going with the XD screen route for now...its a cheaper alternative, has some pretty good reviews, and I need to save some $'s where possible....also if needed I could upgrade later and not consider it a huge loss.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

I ordered my Jamestown Home Theater / Seymour Centerstage XD screen today....what a great guy James is, he was very helpful and quoted me a great price. Now that he is offering the XD material his business is booming. I also asked about the recommended tilt of the fabric, see the Seymour DIY link...he indicated that they do cut the material with the recommended tilt...cool!