Need a little help.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am having my system installation done by a professional. I do not have the know how or the time to figure it out myself. However I really would like help trying to figure out the equipment portion.

I am looking for a more entry level set up. My roon is about 40" x 24". It is not a dedicated movie room. Half will be a movie room and half will be a game room. The theater will be primarily used for movies with an occasional UFC fight..... My installer suggested the Epson 3010 and a Dalight 110" - 16.9 aspect JKP Affinity Screen with a 1.1 gain (whatever all that means...LOL).

My room will have some ambient light. It has 3 windows. I will get window coverings. When we watch UFC fights the back half of the room will be somewhat lit for the game room. The front half will have the lights off... But it will never be completely dark.

Does the above combination sound like it will work for my set up. The viewing distance will be about 14 or 15 feet.

I have been reading about grey screens. Is this screen grey or should I got with a different screen

Thanks guys.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-25-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Actually I have narrowed it down to 3 different screens to go with my Epson 3010. Remember it will be used half in the dark for movies and half with some light for UFC and other sporting events. I have also listed the prices that I am being offered. Which is the better choice? Thanks guys.

Dragonfly by Snap AV DF-120-MW = 120" 16:9 Matte White Screen 1 Gain = $1,200.00

Dalight 110" 16:9 JKP Affinity - 1.1 Gain = $1,500.00

Stewart Firehawk 110" 16:9 - 1.3 Gain = $1,500.00
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 14
I am a dalight dealer, have your installer get samples. Dalight has a book with all there screen materals on it and you can hold them up to the wall and look at what the image looks like. I would look at something with a gray tint if you have any ambiant light blacks are your issue if it looks good with ambiant light it will only look better at night. I do like the cinima vision 1.1 gain HC, that use to be my goto dalite screen for installs like yours. The snap AV screen is nice but the materal is not totally smooth, he can also get a sample they are free, I don't think that would hold up well under true HD or 4k projectors. But he has sceen the room so ymmv with my advice.

Jason
Note: Any posts are of my personal opinions and not to reflect upon any business.

Jason@programmergeek.com

908 578-6466

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page