Solutions for a Retractable AT Screen Over Reflective Background - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-03-2012, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello, I am looking for forum advice or experience with an install using a motorized AT screen that will retract over a reflective 55 inch plasma screen and a white surface background. I will not be able to move the L/C/R speakers and move onto a non-AT screen.
A custom installer came today and stated that I would be unhappy with shadowing from reflections of the underlying tv and structures that would be perceptible through an acoustically transparent screen when viewing a projected image. Has anyone found any satisfactory solutions either through creative DIY or with specialized screens offering a black backing, maintaining acoustic transparency? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by snpanago View Post

Hello, I am looking for forum advice or experience with an install using a motorized AT screen that will retract over a reflective 55 inch plasma screen and a white surface background. I will not be able to move the L/C/R speakers and move onto a non-AT screen.
A custom installer came today and stated that I would be unhappy with shadowing from reflections of the underlying tv and structures that would be perceptible through an acoustically transparent screen when viewing a projected image. Has anyone found any satisfactory solutions either through creative DIY or with specialized screens offering a black backing, maintaining acoustic transparency? Thank you.

SeymourAV offers fixed and electric AT screens with black backings for just that issue.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-03-2012, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for your reply. I will look into Seymour's offerings. It would be great if anyone who has such a screen can attest to how well they work.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-04-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have a Seymour F105 motorized Center Stage XD scope screen that comes down over an entertainment center with 2 glass doors and a 61" Samsung DLP. Works just fine.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page