ceiling mount with high power - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-05-2012, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anybody ceiling mount with a high power retro-reflective? i will have the projector mounted level with the top of the screen (epson3010) and heads are level with the middle of the picture. think this should be fine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 526
You will still get a fair amount of gain. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=966057

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #3 of 4 Old 03-06-2012, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 127
How big is your screen and how much light output does your projector provide? Why did you choose the HP rather than a Utility gain screen? Does you projector have lens shift so it can be positioned lower on a mount extension? It will be fine, but you really won't get anywhere the full benefit of the the screen with this setup. If you have a huge screen and went with the HP for more light or more light with 3D, the mounting location is shooting you in the foot. Sort of like having a Ferrari that only has first and second gear
post #4 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
This is an older thread, but I thought I'd share my experience witha new 159" High Power and HD3300. The center of the screen is about eye level when sitting maybe a little higher, and I mounted the HD3300 (DLP 3D projector) about 30" above my head, maybe a litter higher. The brightness for 2D was a little too much and I had to tweak it down (this in eco mode). For 3D, I also tweaked the brightness and contrast down to a better level for blacks than I had it previously for my 142" DIY 1.2 gain screen. The brightness for this huge screen is fine; and even with a high level of keystoning (+6), I see no distortion or annoying resolution issues. I watched Titanic 3D last night and wow, wow, wow is all I can say. I had a 2.8 high power a couple of years ago, but wasn't happy with it--too much yellow bias and sparkles. The new 2.4 high power is crystal clear, no sparkles or noticeable color shift, plus a wider gain angle--I absolutely love it. When I stand up putting my head near the lens level, I see a little brightness boost, but not enough to make a difference. I would say I'm getting about 1.8 to 2 gain at sitting level. I sit about 17 feet from the screen, and the projector is mounted about 18.5 feet from the screen.
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page