Would a Elite 100" with led projector work ok in a dedicated room? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-21-2012, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have a dedicated room with dark walls and ceiling. I'm currently using a 100" elite screen. Not sure of the exact model but its just the basic white pull down screen. I was planning on buying a led projector. More specifically the qumi q5 when its released. Its rated for 500 lumens. Would my current screen be asking to much from one of these little projectors? I thought about going hp but not sure how effective it would be with a ceiling mount and our seating arrangement.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-21-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediSpork View Post

I have a dedicated room with dark walls and ceiling. I'm currently using a 100" elite screen. Not sure of the exact model but its just the basic white pull down screen. I was planning on buying a led projector. More specifically the qumi q5 when its released. Its rated for 500 lumens. Would my current screen be asking to much from one of these little projectors? I thought about going hp but not sure how effective it would be with a ceiling mount and our seating arrangement.

thanks

I think an 100in is the max with a 1.1 gain screen. The 500 lumen should give you at least 350 lumens, but no more than 400. For a dark theater, that is good. Movie watching is supposed to be 12-16ftL and with 350 lumens you should get 13ftL with a 1.1 gain screen and with 400 lumens, you should get close to 15ftL. In my theater, I try to keep mines at 13ftL.

However, with a 100in HP screen ceiling mounted, you should get at least 1.6 gain. Meaning with 350 you should get close to 19ftL and at 400 lumens you should get 21.5ftL. It will have a limited viewing cone of course. When I had my Optoma ML500, I used it with a 120in HP screen with good brightness
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page