Visual Apex Quality - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello,

i am in the market for a screen to go along with my Epson 8350, i know i want to go with a 100 inch Tensioned screen, i was looking at the Visual Apex line of screens, i just don't know too much about them...

can anyone provide some insight on the company, like how long have they been in business, how is the quality of their products, and if you own one of their screens, what is your opinion of it..

thanks

Strength. Determination. Merciless. Forever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

We have the 106" tab tensioned screen from VA since November of last year. Quality is first class, and I could not imagine spending more money for whatever diminishing returns a screen of 2x the cost would bring. (YMMV)

The PQ is fantastic and VA is a great company who will handle your issues. I bought a Plasma waaaaaaaay back (early adopter here) and when it came time for this new move (6500UB and screen) I went straight for the Visual Apex site.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for your response, i was kinda worried that no one bought Vapex screens, i just bought a 100 inch Tab Tension screen from them,,,i got a feeling i am gonna be very happy...thanks again for your response...

post #4 of 11 Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I had a fixed frame Vapex screen when I first bought my Panasonic AE3000. So many told me I needed a better screen. After having many screens since, I think they are very good screens. Don't listen to people when they say its not, you would like the screen
post #5 of 11 Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I have a 120" tension screen from them. Love it! But whatever you do, DO NOT adjust the "A" hole. (snicker) But seriously, you can adjust where the screen stops going down by using a tool inside the "B" hole, the "A" hole is used for adjusting where the screen stops going up. If you tinker with this setting YOU CAN damage the motor, it will try to keep bringing the screen up when it physically cant and burn the motor. Why they even have this setting is beyond me. Also the manual seems like it was written in China with there attempt at English, it's awful.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-13-2012, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure I stay away from hole A. That sounds better. Lol

post #7 of 11 Old 04-13-2012, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Good thread. I'm looking for something similar but in White. Anyone know of a good 'or equal'

------------------------------------
post #8 of 11 Old 04-14-2012, 03:20 AM
KCG

I was just looking for the same, white. There are screens similar in cost that are white but not tensioned. Da- lite cinema contour and elite home2, but the cheapest tensioned I found was draper silhouette at twice the price. It is also carried by some office supply places that have bigger discount. In the end, I ordered the vapex because of the ability to adjust the height and the overall height was less for the size screen I got, plus I love the trigger. And the guy who helped me at VA was really awesome and helpful. I bought a refurbished epson 8700 ub to go with it. Waiting right now. Any other tips you've learned smokenashes?
post #9 of 11 Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

If for some reason you see wrinkles in the screen near the center bottom. Lift up the bottom bar so you make a U shape and then let it back down, bam wrinkles gone.

Also watch the video on how to install it on the Vapex website. The manual that comes with it will have you screamin "WTF do they mean?" Once you figured it out its extremely easy to put up.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaadams View Post

Good thread. I'm looking for something similar but in White. Anyone know of a good 'or equal'

What kind of white? The Vapex is a CineWhite. It looks awesome, paired up with my 8350 and Avatar is nothing but jaw droping.
post #11 of 11 Old 04-14-2012, 03:03 PM
KCG

He's talking about the case not the screen. Like me I assume he is putting it in a non dedicated room with a white ceiling. Thanks for the tips. I've watched the video several times now. Doesn't seem too difficult.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page