Help with screen selection: I have tried to find my answer via “search” but it seems that there are too many variables involved and therefore no easy “comparison” chart. Perhaps some of your experiences will help to steer me in the right direction
Here's a picture of the basement theater area. Open concept but with zone lighting control for theater, bar, game area etc. (Window light will not effect theater area )
- Movies = 50% of time ( lights dimmed in theater and dark throughout other zones )
- Sports = 25% of time ( lights dimmed in theater but mostly on in other zones)
- Episodes = 25% of time (lights dimmed in theater but mostly on in other zones)
- Maximum screen size (including frame): 91” W x 61” H
- Aspect Ratio: thinking about 16:9
- Room Size: 19' deep x 15' wide (projector would be mounted approx. 14' from screen)
- Projector: 99% decided on Panasonic AE 7000 (2000 lumens)
- 3D: Not high on my list of wants
- Elite ezframe ciniwhite 1.1 gain R92H 84.6” W x 50” H
- Da Lite Cinema Contour 1.0 gain 86” W x 51” H
I would like to maximize the available screen area but at the same time don't want to give up contrast, black level, etc. Am I looking at the right screens...are there better choices?
Yes....center channel will be hidden below ...also when I wired basement I was not sure if I would go with a large TV or projector so I wired for both.