AT Screen and Stage Distance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-22-2012, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Not really sure which forum to post so i'll start here. I am going with an AT screen and the PSB GT1 towers. Not sure about a SUB yet. My question is two fold. One, how far does the speakers have to be from the back wall, and two; how close together can they be and how close to the screen.

I am starting to plan my stage and I need to input before I fnalize my drawings on stage size. speaker specs are:

8 1/2 x 36 x 14 3/8"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
This is more of a speaker-specific imaging question. You may get more of a response in the speaker forums.

Many of the answers to your questions deal with the rest of your room dimensions and the layout.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-25-2012, 08:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by fax6202 View Post

Not really sure which forum to post so i'll start here. I am going with an AT screen and the PSB GT1 towers. Not sure about a SUB yet. My question is two fold. One, how far does the speakers have to be from the back wall, and two; how close together can they be and how close to the screen.

I am starting to plan my stage and I need to input before I fnalize my drawings on stage size. speaker specs are:

8 1/2 x 36 x 14 3/8"

Depends on the speakers and the screen type. A microperf screen requires more space between the speaker baffle and the screen than a woven screen. Rear ported speakers require more distance off of the back wall than front ported or sealed. it also comes down to how much room you have available. As far as spacing apart of the speakers, that comes down to viewing distance and with what you are having to compromise to work with your room and screen size. If you would like to discuss farther, shoot us an email.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page