Screen Choice Help for Epson 5010 on a budget - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-22-2012, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello:

I was debating on going between an epson 3010 and a 5010 and decided to go with the 5010.

I am thinking it would be easier to upgrade my screen at a later time than the projecter. If I'm just plain wrong please let me know.

So in going with the bigger projector I am moving some of my screen budget to the projector for now.

I am looking for something in the $500 range or under if viable. If there is a big difference I might be able to go a bit over.

I am thinking 120" or 133" size. A fixed frame screen is fine as it is a dedicated room. I will be mostly watching 3d.

The main seating position is 14 feet from the back wall where the screen will be mounted.

I currently plan to ceiling mount the projector at around the same distance back as the seating position. I do have other mounting options if needed. I could do a back wall shelf mount as well which would be about 20 feet away.

If any additional info is needed just let me know.

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well IMO, i am not a expert but the best thing i went with is Wilson Art Designer white Laminate from i think it was lowes, it was awesome for my 8350, nothing but compliments. Every one that seen the screen swore it was a very expensive one lol. Just my 2 sense. I am getting a 5010 and was told that screen will rock on it too.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-08-2012, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I been looking around myself ,for screens to go with my 5010 too while i do not own the epson 5010 just yet from what i have been reading the best bang for the buck if u dont want to spend a ton of money ,the elite fixed frames are fantastic for the price u pay .And there really easy to put up.i was going to get the 120' fixed frame from amazion.120 inch from elite is 299 bucks u cant beat that price for that size and let me tell u i have seen the dimensions of that screen i have the dimensions on my wall its is really big .
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page