Carada BW info (vs. Jamestown)? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm finally getting ready to install my Epson 8700UB that has been sitting in its box for months and am trying to research the best screen option. I will be in a totally light controlled room with black walls at a rather close seating distance of 13'. I think I've decided on going with a white 100" screen for this environment.

I'm sure all the threads on Carada have been archived or something, but I'm not seeing any information on the quality/satisfaction of these screens? I've read all 80+ pages of the Epson 8700UB thread and several people have mentioned the Carada BW as a good choice. From this forum, I started looking at the Jamestown also.

Can anyone comment on the build and screen material quality of the Caradas vs. something like the Jamestown (lower end) and Da-Lite (higher end)? Trying to decide if Carada is a significant jump over Jamestown or if I should just bite the bullet and look at all the Da-Lite options? Thanks in advance for any insight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-26-2012, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity View Post

I'm finally getting ready to install my Epson 8700UB that has been sitting in its box for months and am trying to research the best screen option. I will be in a totally light controlled room with black walls at a rather close seating distance of 13'. I think I've decided on going with a white 100" screen for this environment.

I'm sure all the threads on Carada have been archived or something, but I'm not seeing any information on the quality/satisfaction of these screens? I've read all 80+ pages of the Epson 8700UB thread and several people have mentioned the Carada BW as a good choice. From this forum, I started looking at the Jamestown also.

Can anyone comment on the build and screen material quality of the Caradas vs. something like the Jamestown (lower end) and Da-Lite (higher end)? Trying to decide if Carada is a significant jump over Jamestown or if I should just bite the bullet and look at all the Da-Lite options? Thanks in advance for any insight!

From a reply on the 8700UB forum, I think I am now leaning towards the Carada, but am having trouble finding any information on these screens in this forum (archived?). Can anyone point me in the direction of a good Carada resource, or have input on how it compares with Da-Lite? Thanks!
post #3 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I ordered a jt screen many great reviews from this forum and in other forums. Only compliant was the order time was a bit long but most stated the wait was worth the quality n price they have nice pics of the jt screen on klipsch forum
post #4 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I am very very happy with my Carada 118" high gain screen with my panasonic ae7000. I can't compare to others but i am happy. and it's made in USA.

Onkyo TX-NR1030 rec'r
Panasonic PT7000 proj.
Hsu 11.3 speakers
Emotiva UPA-200 amp
Panasonic DMP-BDT310 BD player
PHD-208 HDTV antenna tuner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page