Chose the right Projector for acoustically transparent screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-27-2012, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,
I'm searching for a while now the right projector for my acoustically transparent screen, which is a Profiscreen (Germany) Lace and gomet one (custom cutted, black border with holes for stretching with elastic cords), it has micro perforated holes (approximately 0.5mm holes) in a honeycomb pattern.
The visible effective screen size would be have 2300mm base and 1293.75 hight measurements.
The projector would be a Full-HD 3 chip D-ILA system from JVC (DLA-RS45/X30). My question is:

- Would be a Moiré pattern visible on my micro perforated screen?

Thanks Satadioz

P.S. Projector pixel size if the pixel pattern is visible:1.197x1.197mm (square format)
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
The micro-perforated screen might have to be rotated to avoid moire. The manufacturer should know which projectors cause moire and at what size. I'm not familiar with your screen so it is tough to say. I would test it with a sample piece first to see if it needs some rotation.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Hello,
Yesterday I tested the micro perforated Lace and Gomet screen from Germany (Profiscreen, 1.1Gain, Meterware Typ M; 240x180cm brutto 230x170cm netto; 5cm Black border), with the JVC DLA-X30/RS45 DILA projector, to see if a moire patter is visible and a general screen quality test.
The result was really positive biggrin.gif, there was not a visible moire pattern. Even with smaller projection size the effect was not visible.
Very great screen, with fantastic fabric quality (extremely robust and a bit heavy), ideal for do it yourself screen builders.

With regards, Satadioz

User Tag List