Da-Lite Screen Case Rattle/Vibration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently had a Da-Lite 106" Electrol Contour screen installed for my home theatre. I am having an issue with the screen case vibrating whenever there is a signficant level of bass, especically when the sub-woofer fires at deep levels. According to Da-Lite this type of vibration is expected. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how did you resolve the issue.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-07-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hslansky View Post

I recently had a Da-Lite 106" Electrol Contour screen installed for my home theatre. I am having an issue with the screen case vibrating whenever there is a signficant level of bass, especically when the sub-woofer fires at deep levels. According to Da-Lite this type of vibration is expected. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how did you resolve the issue.
Thanks

I never had a similar problem but first thing I would look at is the subwoofer placement and if you can move it away from the screen, if that's not an option then I would look at what is transmitting the vibration to the screen and then try to work on that, maybe using some damping material...
post #3 of 4 Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

All of my speakers are in-wall so moving the sub is not an option. I am not sure how I would place any dampening material without intefering with the operation of the screen. I would have thought that Da-Lite would have considered this as part of their design.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 461
I am going to assume that you are not using an AT screen and that the sub is below the screen when the screen is fully lowered. I am also guessing that your screen is wall mounted. If these assumptions are correct, then the sub is not moving the screen. The sub is moving the wall. Anything attached to the wall is going to move. You could hang the screen from the ceiling and that would probably solve your problem.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page