1. Anyone tried the hair drier solution with success
1.5 How do I clean the screen from "finger prints" "hair line dirt".
Strwart help text says mild detergent - can I use normal "washing up liquid"? (I am Swedish so not sure if that is covered in "detergents"
"For tougher spots, use a solution of mild detergent
and water. Rub lightly using a sponge. Blot with a damp sponge to absorb
excess water. Residual water marks will evaporate within a few minutes."
2. I have a severely wrinkled firehawk G3 that I just bought secnd hand and it has:
- wrinkles from "double folding" like it has been rolled flat and then folded over
- small indents in the screen material, but it does not seem like material has been scuffed, just a small dent into the material.
3. How did it happen?
- the guy who sent the screen rolled the screen material flat over two frame pieces just convered in one layer bubble wrap. Frame probably slid inside tube and made dents (unwise packing
- The rest of the frame was also packe in bubble wrap and put in a long carton but no tape used to hold it together and too much "air" in the box so that it could move around.
- Package then likely very badly handled by transporter - you know how shipping can thrown our stuff around like a rag doll
4. Any tested Ideas that work? Do I dare using the blow drier?
It has only hung for a day but I can not see any improvement.
Will let it hang for a week and hope to get answers here by then since I think it will not improve.
Here are some photos of the issue
Livingroom: JVC DLA-X30 @ 4m wide curved 2.35:1 Studiotek
Marantz AV7702, Primare A30.7 + Emotiva XPA-5, Oppo BDP-93,PS-3,HTPC, Samsung digital box
JBL TiK Sub, Ti6K, Ti2K, Ti1K, XTi20, XTi10, REL Q150E
Bedroom: Pioneer KRP-500M, Denon AVR3805
QLN 603,601MK2,Wharfdale DFS
Last edited by [Europe]Boogiem; 05-01-2015 at 03:43 AM.