screen for epson 6010 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-19-2012, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm about to order an epson 6010 fo rmy HT. Projector will be mounted on the ceiling at about 20 feet from screen ( 106" 16:9 is the biggest scren I can fit ). The room has controlled light.
I'm debating between the Dragonfly 106" High contrast or the Matte white.

I'm thinking Matte white for Movies, but I'm afraid that I will be penalized with 3D and gaming

Anyone has experience with wathing 3D movies on grey screen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-20-2012, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Just realized I wrote the wrong screen.....

I'm thinking HIgh Contrast ( which is grey ) for Movies, but I'm afraid that I will be penalized with 3D and gaming

Anyone has experience with wathing 3D movies on grey screen?
post #3 of 4 Old 06-20-2012, 11:45 AM

Liked: 53
The screen choice has more to do with your room conditions than 3D or gaming. If you watch with very little ambient light hitting the screen and your room is dark (ie. walls, ceiling) the white screen is a better choice. If you have light hitting your screen and/or your screen is close to white or light colored walls or ceiling the gray screen would be a better choice. You do lose a little brightness with the gray screen but I don't think it will be a huge issue on your screen size unless you are trying to overcome a fair amount of ambient light.

If your projector uses a passive 3D system (which the 6010 doesn't) than you would want a screen that holds polarization, neither of the Dragonfly screens hold polarization but it is not necessary for your situation.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-26-2012, 01:23 PM

Also keep in mind that mounting the projector back that far will produce a huge image at the smallest setting on the projector. I just purchased a 3010 and tested it out 19' away and the smallest screen i could use was just under 120".

Unless there is some setting I'm overlooking you might have to mount the projector a bit closer.
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page