Eyes sore after watching new screen and new bulb - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-27-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got a new 133" dalite hp screen and love it but I also just replaced my z2000 with a new bulb. And after watching it my eyes hurt. Is this eye strain. I sit 17' back. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 123
yep, try using the eco mode of your projector assuming it is in full/normal lamp mode now. The lamp will loose some light output after it is used for several hundred hours. You can try adding a very small amount of bias lighting (some dimable light that does not shine on the screen) this helps keep your pupils closed on ark sens so you don't get as much eye strain. Or add a neutral density filter to the projector (ND filter) which will reduce the light and not mess with the color (assuming a quality filter) Also use cinema/movie mode and at the very lease use a calibration disk to set brightness/contrast etc.. full calibrations would be advised once the lamp has a few hundred hours on it.
If you are near (reasonable driving distance) from Philadelphia, pm me, I work for Tip and gas money, not a pro but I have good gear and own an HP screen which requires a few trick to get a good calibration.. DUH! Canada is just a tad to far..
Reply Screens

Tags
Projectors , Dalite , Hp

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page