Screen recommendation, please help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-08-2012, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Getting closer to finalizing my dedicated theater and cannot decide on which screen. Room is complete bat cave, throw around 17', projector mounted in hush box at ceiling level on rear wall (will need to shift image down a bit). Projector will be epson 6010 and I want about 150" 2.35:1 screen. Was thinking black diamond or DIY. I realize that's asking a lot from the 6010.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 74
^^^
If you are able to lower the hush box closer to eye level I'd recommend checking out the Da-Lite High Power 2.4 gain fabric. You'll get the gain you need for that size screen. It won't do you much good if your pj is mounted on the ceiling however.

I'm not sure if SI makes the Black Diamond in a 150" size. Regardless, if you have a bat cave you don't need to spend the extra money or deal with the BD downsides of hot-spotting or color-shifting to get it's ambient light rejection properties.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/773065/high-power-a-review-part-1/0_40
post #3 of 3 Old 07-09-2012, 03:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevo2u View Post

Getting closer to finalizing my dedicated theater and cannot decide on which screen. Room is complete bat cave, throw around 17', projector mounted in hush box at ceiling level on rear wall (will need to shift image down a bit). Projector will be epson 6010 and I want about 150" 2.35:1 screen. Was thinking black diamond or DIY. I realize that's asking a lot from the 6010.

What you are wanting to do is not going to work very well. First of all the zoom, shift and focus controls are manual. Not very practical to do zoom method, especially when the projector is in a hush box. Second problem is lighting up that size and gain screen using zoom method.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page