Aligning Projector With Curved Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I installed my 174" curved scope screen and even without my anamorphic lens my picture bows downward in the middle. My projector is ceiling mounted and I am thinking that maybe, for a curved screen, the projector should be aligned more straight on to the middle of the screen or at least it seems that this would help. Anyone had any experience with this?

John

Anthem Statement D2v3D, Paradigm Sub 2, Paradigm S8s with C5, Anthem Statement M1 Amps, 174" AT Scope Screen, Epson 6010 3D Projector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-12-2012, 07:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 339
You will get some downward bowing when projecting a 16:9 image onto a curved screen. Think about it. As the image travels farther from the projector, the image spreads out more. The projector lens is designed to provide a straight bottom edge on a flat screen. By using a curved screen you have reduced the distance from lens to corner of screen. This means the image can't spread out as much so it reduces the size of the image. That makes the ends of the image, at the bottom, rise. The curve of the screen is to help the image after it goes through the A-lens and a curved screen is not needed for all A-lens setups. Usually only those with a throw ratio under 2.0.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #3 of 3 Old 07-16-2012, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I was not aware of this but it doesn't bother me that much. I have a short throw so the curved screen helps with my anamorphic lens. Thanks for the info. Mike.

Anthem Statement D2v3D, Paradigm Sub 2, Paradigm S8s with C5, Anthem Statement M1 Amps, 174" AT Scope Screen, Epson 6010 3D Projector
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page