Black Diamond G3 92" Scratch/Dents - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-19-2012, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, so i finally took the plunge into the front projection world for my family room and I went all in with it. (Black Diamond 92" G3 w/ the Panasonic PT-AE7000U Projector)
I got REALLY lucky on the screen... I got the screen unused & un-assembled from a guy on Craigslist for $760! ...now here's the bad part....it has a minor horizontal scratch on the bottom left portion.(1/2" or so) Also, there's a few really small dents but I'm definitely not as worried about those. I wanted to get some expert opinions from seasoned veterans in the front projection world to see if these issues are worth freaking out about. I haven't installed the screen or the projector in the family room yet, but I did try the Panasonic projector on the screen and BARELY noticed the small scratch. (only saw it when brighter colors were on the screen.. and when i say "saw it", i mean i had to really look for it) What do you guys think? Is it really worth going through all the trouble of replacing the entire screen just for that? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 12:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I would put the screen up and do some viewing. After viewing then I would contact SI if it's a bother, and see if they can assist you with your issues.

Click the link to see pics of my home theater

http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/q...oom/?start=all
Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

I've already tried using the projector on it and you really cant see it unless you try very hard to look for it in bright scenes. I appreciate the tip smile.gif