Elite portable tripod screen plastic foot covers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, has anyone else had an issue with those plastic covers coming off? I just contacted Elite for a replacement set and they want $10 for 3 of them plus $10 in "standard shipping costs" for a grand total of $20 for 3 little plastic covers! Has anyone found a viable universal replacement? Thanks for the help in advance everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-08-2012, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are the legs round or square?

You can head over to Home Depot or Lowes and pick up a set of replacement rubber end caps. They can be used on round and also irregular shaped legs. I had to get a pair for a folding kitchen stool that my wife had magically lost one of the caps to. They cost me around $3.99 for a pair...?

Both stores should have a variety of them like these. (I've seen these caps in black or white)

Just bring one of the caps you have and use it to match it to the correct size needed. I would buy one size up and down, and then return the ones that don't fit snug.

Btw, if you don't want to lose them again, I would suggest that you use a little bit of contact cement to keep the caps from slipping off your stand.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page