Hanging fixed mount screen from ceiling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys, I'm getting ready to permanently mount my 130" screen to the ceiling on a hinge system I built. It is a two story so the area above my media room is upstairs bedrooms. My question is, I will be mounting this to floor joists in the ceiling, so is it better to square the screen up in the room or square it up using the wall? I'm trying to figure out which would be more accurate. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM

Liked: 16
On a related note I wanted to know what kind of bolts I should be using to mount my firehawk G3 Luxus A to the ceiling joist smile.gif
post #3 of 6 Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw5620 View Post

Guys, I'm getting ready to permanently mount my 130" screen to the ceiling on a hinge system I built. It is a two story so the area above my media room is upstairs bedrooms. My question is, I will be mounting this to floor joists in the ceiling, so is it better to square the screen up in the room or square it up using the wall? I'm trying to figure out which would be more accurate. Thanks!

You want the screen to be square with the projector. as far as picking room or wall that is up to you which looks best. For securing to the ceiling, I would use lag bolts. Just make sure that they are long enough to securely attach to the joist. I would want to penetrate the joist at least 2". Also drill pilot holes for the lag screw.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

You want the screen to be square with the projector. as far as picking room or wall that is up to you which looks best. For securing to the ceiling, I would use lag bolts. Just make sure that they are long enough to securely attach to the joist. I would want to penetrate the joist at least 2". Also drill pilot holes for the lag screw.

I get the square with the projector, but if its not square with the room then its going to be hard to square with the projector. Not looking for the room or wall that looks the best.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-22-2012, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Also, should I need to use keystone if I have lens shift? I have the Panny PTAR100U. I have it set at -2 to get the picture square looking. The top is more narrow than the bottom. I have also found that the keystone adjustments that are made has no effect on the test patterns built into the projector menu.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Do you happen to have pics of the hinge system you made? I'd be interested in doing something like this in my media room. Thanks
Reply Screens

Tags
Wall Mount , Displays , Stewart Firehawk G3 , Ptar100u , Panasonic
Gear in this thread - Ptar100u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page