Deep V waves in my pulldown screen, any cure? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-25-2012, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help please,

I have a 106 inch Elunevision manual pull down screen, it came with V's in it. I don't know if they are getting worse or I just can't see anything but them anymore. It is ruining my whole setup! I don't even want to use my projector now. Is there anyway to minimize them? I realize this is why people buy tab tensioned or fixed screens but those won't work in my setup because of both budget and mounting issues( I rent).

Any thought's at all please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Crickets chirp, tumbleweeds bounce on by, and McIrish comes to a realization "So I'm ****ed."

OK I guess that's all I needed to know.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-30-2012, 04:41 AM

Liked: 53
All manuals develop waves eventually. Some materials are harder to notice the waves. Generally a good matte white and Da-lite High Power are tougher to notice waves with viewing material. Screens with bigs area of solid bright colors are where it is easier to notice like blues skies or ice. If you are thinking of a new screen a Da-lite Model C is a good choice for that size, the larger roller in it helps. Other than getting a new screen and knowing you will have to replace it in the future again is about all you can do. Sorry, there is no easy answer.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-30-2012, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 58
You say that your screen had severe wrinkles from day 1. That's a warranty issue. Contact EluneVision customer support. Describe the problem & send them a photo or two so they can see what's going on. They should be able to provide a procedure to correct the problem or they should send you a replacement screen. You don't say how long you've had the screen, but you really should have notified them by day 2. If the manufacturer is reluctant to help you directly, the store you bought it from may be able to go to bat for you. Good luck!
post #5 of 5 Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrich3 View Post

You say that your screen had severe wrinkles from day 1. That's a warranty issue. Contact EluneVision customer support. Describe the problem & send them a photo or two so they can see what's going on. They should be able to provide a procedure to correct the problem or they should send you a replacement screen. You don't say how long you've had the screen, but you really should have notified them by day 2. If the manufacturer is reluctant to help you directly, the store you bought it from may be able to go to bat for you. Good luck!

I contacted Eastporters who sold me the screen. I'm impressed that 2 months after I bought it they still helped me out, I'll buy from them again when I next upgrade.
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Dalite , Dalite Model C Video Format 105 X 140 Inch High Power Projection Screen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page