Screen Tilting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, I'm new to projectors and I am trying to figure some things out. I had some questions I posted in another subforum (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1427648/mounting-advice). I think I want to go with the Mits HC4000, but due to my low ceiling and height, I will need to tilt the screen upwards. How much is too much to tilt a screen before it starts looking bad?. I think I would need about 6 degrees of tilt. Also what is the best way to tilt the screen. I found the flexascreen which comes with a tilt feature but it only has square screens. My plain was to measure the tilt of the projector and the calculate how far the top needs to tilt outwards. I was then just going to fix a small piece of plywood to the wall of that length and attach the screen to that. Does that make sense, and do you think that would work? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 126
You can not tilt the screen or the projector, they need to be square to each other. If the ceiling is to low to have the projector sufficiently above the screen for the fixed offset of the projector, consider a table mount or a different projector.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsimon View Post

I think I want to go with the Mits HC4000, but due to my low ceiling and height, I will need to tilt the screen upwards. How much is too much to tilt a screen before it starts looking bad?. I think I would need about 6 degrees of tilt. Also what is the best way to tilt the screen.

You can tilt the screen. They do need to be square, but you'd be tilting the screen AND the projector so that's not a problem.

If you do a search here you'll pull up a few posts about it being a method to raise your screen without using keystone correction. I did this with my HC4000 and 120" screen and it's worked great. At first I started sweating about how was I going to calculate it perfectly but it ended up that in my room (7.5' ceilings) I have a generic basement window with window trim around it... I just mounted it onto the bottom part of the trim and the screen naturally falls in at the bottom against the wall. I would guess it's an inch or so out at the top. I tilted the HC4000 up to move the image higher and it looks great. Before, my screen was on the floor and I was thinking this is ridiculous, now I couldn't be happier.

Mitsubishi HC4000/Elite Screens 120" SableFrame CineWhite/Darbee Darblet/WDTV LIVE HUB/WD MYBOOK LIVE NAS
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Mitsubishi Hc4000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Projectors
Gear in this thread - Hc4000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page