Help Choosing a Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am debating between a JVC RS-40 and HD250 and I am curious as to what screen size I could effectively shoot with either one. The depth of my room is 166" so I am figuring a throw distance of about 12'. I would really like to get 120" if possible. I am a newb to this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I pulled the trigger on a RS-40 today. After doing some research on screens I think that I will have to go with 110" screen because of my throw distance. I have young children, so I am thinking a fixed frame screen is out of the question (don't want something that is easily reachable by young fingers). With that said, I got some quotes on electric wall mounted screens and found that the budget I had allotted is a little shy of what was recommended. My original budget goal was around $1000 thinking that I could stretch that to $1500 if needed. One of the screens recommended was the Da Lite tensioned with the cinema screen material. This screen is going to run about $1850. There were some less expensive options for electric screens from Da Lite and Screen Innovations but both were non tensioned. My biggest concern is with the life of a tensioned vs non tensioned screen. Is there a significant difference? Are there other screens I should be considering near this price?
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Jvc , Da Lite , Screen Innovations

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page