Screen size - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-14-2012, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I'm finally ready to purchase equipment after so much helpful advice on other components in my ht setup. My last question is this. My ht room is roughly 14ft length by 10ft width. Sofa will be all way to the back against the wall. What size projector screen can I get away with without it being too big.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-14-2012, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 111
just like everything else there are many variables to take into consideration. Start by reading the stick about seating distance and size. Then there are your mains.. how much room do you need on either side.. if you can not fit the size you want (taking seating distance into account) will building a false wall with acoustic transparent screen material be a better fit? or will seating distance be to close for AT and you will be able to see the weave.. What color are the walls? do you need gain? etc.. After reading the sticky and guessing at the largest size you think will work, it is always a good idea to get the projector first and experiment on the wall watching from the seating location. You do not have to mount the projector for this test, just put it on a table or chair..
Good luck~!

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 09-14-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thank for your reply. I'm going to follow your advice. There are things like you stated that I haven't taken into acct. I think ky biggest concern is that I only have 7ft high ceilings and three floor speakers in the front. The acoustic screen might be the way to go.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-14-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 402
To do an AT screen with a 14' deep room, you should consider in-wall speakers. if you would like some help figuring all of this out drop us an email.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page