My HT is progressing and I am beginning my research for a projector and screen.
Picking out a projector / screen is complicated...
12ft ceiling with a 1ft tray (13ft) height in the center of the room.
I do not have a "fake" front wall to store speakers behind. Maybe in the future, so speakers are floor standing on each side with center on pedestal just below the screen.
First row of seats have my head at approx 14' from the front wall
Second row of seats are on a raised 18" high platform at the back of the room, so head will be at approx 22ft.
There are 4 seats per row
Projector is currently setup to hang from the 12ft roof at the back of the room approx 22ft from the front wall.
The room is totally black, black walls, dark carpet, no windows, just 1 door in which is located in the back of the room.
The room is 90% going to be used for watching bluray movies, 3d movies is a requirement. I have all the equipment except the projector and screen.
My budget is 10k for the screen and the projector...
1. With an 18ft wide by 12ft high front wall. What is the biggest screen I could use that would be comfortable to view? Are there any guidelines?
2. What exactly is the diff on 16x9 vs 2:35x1. Since I will watch movies I'm assuming that the 2:35 is the way to go? My main concern is movies!! I'd rather not have bars.
3. The room is pitch black, but I want to make sure that 3D is light enough since the projector is far back. Should I move to a brighter screen? I See screens come in .8 / 1.4 / 2.x versions.
4. How high should I place the screen?
5. I looked at the SI Black Diamond Zero Edge screens. Great look... Does anyone have any other suggestions.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.