Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Greetings sports fans...

1st a shout out to all those affected by Sandy. I wish you the best and you're in my thoughts and prayers.

I just took delivery of a replacement Elite fixed frame screen with the stretchable 1.1 gain cinewhite black rubber back screen material. My 1st screen had really bad vertical streaks caused by non-uniformity of the screen surface material. My 2nd screen is better, but I can still see vertical streaks on a white screen.

I was going to call Elite directly about this problem and ask if it's inherent in the form/function/design of the stretchable screen material.

Am I being too picky for such a low cost screen option @ sub $500 for a 106" wide 2.35:1 screen?

Aside from the streaks, the over all screen is very nice, a great design and pretty easy to put together and install.

Thanks

XBL GT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

Greetings sports fans...
1st a shout out to all those affected by Sandy. I wish you the best and you're in my thoughts and prayers.
I just took delivery of a replacement Elite fixed frame screen with the stretchable 1.1 gain cinewhite black rubber back screen material. My 1st screen had really bad vertical streaks caused by non-uniformity of the screen surface material. My 2nd screen is better, but I can still see vertical streaks on a white screen.
I was going to call Elite directly about this problem and ask if it's inherent in the form/function/design of the stretchable screen material.
Am I being too picky for such a low cost screen option @ sub $500 for a 106" wide 2.35:1 screen?
Aside from the streaks, the over all screen is very nice, a great design and pretty easy to put together and install.
Thanks

No you are not!! You should expect a nice uniform image. Send it back.

Can you please provide the model number of the unit you purchased?

Benito
post #3 of 3 Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
I spoke Charlie in Elite Screens customer service today. He said they have about a 2% return rate for the screen emulsion issue I have. My screen and replacement were serial numbers 94E000034 and 94E000028, so they were most likely from the same batch of screen material used to make the screen.

He directed me to file a warranty claim and they will send me a replacement screen material since the frame and mounting hardware are all fine.

I will follow up when I have more to report.

XBL GT:

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log:

Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page