Epson 3010 3D - would this work with a Da-lite High Contrast Cinema Vision? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Epson 3010 projector and found someone locally selling a 119" da-lite cinema contour/high contrast cinema vision screen for $329.

From the da-lite website:

High Contrast Cinema Vision

Designed for today’s moderate output DLP and LCD projectors, this screen surface is a great choice when video images are the main source of information being projected and where ambient lighting is moderately controlled. With its specially designed gray base surface and a reflective top surface, this screen material is able to provide very good black levels without sacrificing the white level output. Screen surface can be cleaned with mild soap and water. Flame retardant and mildew resistant. Viewing Angle: 50° Gain: 1.1

Since 3D already dims the picture would the gray base surface of this screen cause even more dimming?

For this price I feel like i can't pass it up but I don't want to get a screen that would make our movie viewing experience worse than if it was a white screen.

BTW - we are nearing the end of our home theater building and it will be a dedicated theater room - husband just got done painting the ceiling black and the walls have also been painted a dark maroon type color. So it will be very dark in there with all the lights off.