Cinewhite or Airbright 3D2 or Powergain Elite Screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 11-05-2012, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Home theater Room will be completely dark when watching movies with our Epson 3010 3D Projector - not sure though which of these screens would be best?

CineWhite (Tension Matte White) has broad light dispersion through diffusion uniformity, black & white contrast and true color rendition making it the most versatile in Elite's tensions screen product lines. This tension PVC surface is the best choice for today's high-contrast ratio projectors in commercial or residential presentations. The CineWhite material equals the performance to the Elite Screen MaxWhite product, but improves the experience with the superior surface flatness. Uniform diffusion surface has black-backing to eliminate light penetration and is easily washable with mild soap and water.

The PowerGain is perfect for environments where total ambient light control cannot be attained, and achieves the best results with a high resolution-low output DLP projector. This is an angular reflective material with a 1.8 gain that provides crisp color reproduction, black & white contrast and resists hot spotting in the presence of ambient light. The textured pearlescent material has black-backing to avoid light penetration and can be safely cleaned with mild soap and water.

Elite's Airbright 3D/2D material provides superb brightness and contrast for either a regular 2-dimensional or full-immersion 3D presentation. The screen material has a brightness of 2.0 gain and a 120-degree wide viewing angle making it ideal for home cinema and commercial applications. Material is a fiberglass-reinforced multi-layer woven screen fabric for enhanced flatness and durability. The silver-white protective surface coating is a reflective compound that is textured to ensure the depth of use in 3D presentations. It is designed to enhance a higher contrast ratio while playing in high definition video modes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-01-2013, 03:59 PM

I was looking @ the same screens & have a Epson 5020UB. Wondering if Airbright 3D2 is worst the extra FRNs?
post #3 of 9 Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 AM

Liked: 12
I have been looking to upgrade from my painted BOC screen. I am using an Optoma HD33 projector.
I just got a sample of the Elite Airbright material and it is indeed bright when hung in the center of my existing screen.
But..
If I hang it at the left edge of my screen and view it from my seating position in line with the right edge of the screen it is much dimmer that the BOC.
My screen is approx 105" and is 14 feet from the ceiling mounted projector. Viewing is from about 12 feet.
This material seems to be angular reflective so PJ light hitting the edge of the screen is reflected away from the viewer. Not good.

td
post #4 of 9 Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 AM

Thanks Dave, the search continues. I am most likely going to get the Elite screens since Jamestown screens take about a month to ship.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 AM

Stop the presses!

I just spoke with Elite. They sent me the Airbright 5 by mistake, not the Airbright 3D2.
They are sending me a sample of the 3d2 material along with other material that they think
would improve my situation. Optoma HD33, 105" painted BOC 3d viewing.
The viewing angle charts on Elites website look promising for the Airbright 3D2 material.

td
post #6 of 9 Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 PM

Hi Tucsondev and Andrew , i have a epson 5020 projector and want to buy 120 inch elite screen .
I was about to go for airbright3d2 , but is it too bright for 2d. I need your feedback to decide between cinewhite and airbright
post #7 of 9 Old 02-15-2013, 04:51 AM

Elite sent me a sample of Airbright 3D and PowerGain material. Neither will work for me in my set-up as described above. Both are bright in the center but are way too dim on the edge of the screen. They did not send a sample of Cinewhite. An angular reflective, high gain material simply will not work with a short throw / viewing distance home theater,
I ended up with a piece of Glacier White matte material from Seymour AV. I just made a frame yesterday and will attach the screen today. It's gain is 1.3. Seymour sent me a sample beforehand which I tested against all other samples and my existing screen. I will end up with a 121 inch (viewable) fixed screen for about $200.
td
post #8 of 9 Old 02-24-2013, 10:59 AM

I ordered some samples so I can see what you are talking about myself. Does anyone that owns a screen with the airbright material care to comment? I am curious how these effects would look on the full screen.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What is cinewhite exactly?
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page