Advice on new screen-Help, TTY - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in line to get a new jvc 4810 and i need a screen. My room is completely light controlled, however as I intern at various places i can move a bit-so painting is out and i have white walls. one side is completely open the other has black curtains hanging to take care of most of that, and there are 12 foot ceilings in white. Budget wise, I would like to be around $1k, used or new. I see alot of Stewart and SI screens on ebay-just never take the plunge because i want to be sure of what i buy. Looking at a 92 inch screen at about 13 foot seating distance. I know a lot of people like the hp's by da-lite or should i go with a used si or stewart. suggestions?? ty for your time and help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-26-2012, 08:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by spwerlin View Post

I am in line to get a new jvc 4810 and i need a screen. My room is completely light controlled, however as I intern at various places i can move a bit-so painting is out and i have white walls. one side is completely open the other has black curtains hanging to take care of most of that, and there are 12 foot ceilings in white. Budget wise, I would like to be around $1k, used or new. I see alot of Stewart and SI screens on ebay-just never take the plunge because i want to be sure of what i buy. Looking at a 92 inch screen at about 13 foot seating distance. I know a lot of people like the hp's by da-lite or should i go with a used si or stewart. suggestions?? ty for your time and help

At 92" you do not need or want an HP screen. I would take a look at the Stewart Cima 0.92 gain screen. Nice gray fabric screen with a little higher gain than most of the gray screen in your price range. If us a call if you would like to discuss.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page