Is not using the full screen an issue? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This is my first projector/screen (I'm a noob) My dilemma is as follows-
My room has a 7' ceiling, my back row of seats in on a 8" riser, I have just purchased a Panny 8000 with a 106" motorized screen. Due to the height of the back row and the low level ceiling i will not be able to fully drop the screen to reveal the black border at the top of the screen and getting the screen to display a true 16:9 ratio (It will almost seem like you have to look downward at the bottom of the screen if you are in the back row). Will I have issues trying to get a proper picture displayed?(not stretched) Will there be contrast issues with no border on the top? Is there any other foreseeable issues I haven't thought about? I am trying to figure this out before actually hanging the screen, I am leaning towards returning it and going with a 100" motorized. I'm just not sure if there would be any point in getting a 100" if I could do everything on a 106" that I could with the 100". I got the 106" motorized screen for $140, hence the hesitation on the return..

BTW- I have a 65" TV on the wall so fixed mount is out of the question.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Who's theater is it? You planing on sitting in the back row?
Set it up so you have the best possible image form the Captain's seat and let your mooching friends and relatives look down .. they will be so wowed by the big screen they won't notice.. and think about it.. in the back of the theater, don't you look down on the screen or stage? Think big old theater

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Who's theater is it? You planing on sitting in the back row?
Set it up so you have the best possible image form the Captain's seat and let your mooching friends and relatives look down .. they will be so wowed by the big screen they won't notice.. and think about it.. in the back of the theater, don't you look down on the screen or stage? Think big old theater
Thanks airscapes, helped me see this for what it really is... The back rows problem:D Mind made up, 106 it is!
post #4 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I've had people in the back row maybe 3 times in 5 years!!! I have 4 seats in the front and that usually gets everybody in there on the average showing. If I have several people in there I usually sit in the back anyways to let them enjoy the "captains chair".
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page