Screen selection help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

So its been 7 years since I have owned a project and screen. I recently moved into a new house and have a game room upstair that currently has a 73 DLP. I want to go bigger so I figured I would upgrade to a projector with a 100+ screen.

There are so many choices out there that I now have no idea what to get. What I can do is give you some specs.

The room this is going into is NOT light controlled. I have light colored walls and three windows to the left. The windows currently have solar screens and I plan to put blackout cloth or similar on them to control that light. The room is a game room up stairs that is open, so I do have ambient light from downstairs that creeps in (no walls in the back or right just rails and the stairs). It is not the brightest room in the house, but no where close to a dedicated room with controlled lighting. I would say with the blackout cloth on the windows I could get the room to a low to medium brightness during the day and pretty dark at night. Most of my viewing will be 40% during the day and 60% at night. My TV watching is mixed...I watch movies, sports and Fios TV.

With that said I plan to purchase either the Epson 5020 or PT-AE8000U. The projector will be roughly 8-10 feet from the screen ceiling mounted.

What screen would you guys suggest? I know the Black Diamond series will more and likely be my best choice, but the price of those screens is Huge. Are there any alternatives to this screen that do well with a room like mine?
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page