Can someone recommend an inexpensive screen ("fixed" screen) for me? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I want to improve dark scenes (contrast ratio) of my Epson 8350 with a screen. I am only projecting on a normal ivory colored wall (matte paint), and it looks good, but I want to enjoy TDK and TDK Rises more smile.gif

I'm hoping to spend less than $550, as if we start going high, it may be better to use this money towards an upgrade, like the newer Epson ones or the Panasonic AE8000 (and if we were going either route, I wouldn't get a screen).

So I'm looking at a fixed screen where I can mount it to a wall like a normal LCD/plasma TV. Any good recommendations guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 AM

Liked: 11
Have you tried looking at the Monoprice screens? They are really nice looking and easy to install. It's just a matter of installing two simple brackets and having it hand in the same manner as you would install a TV.

Depending on the size you are looking for, there are plenty of options below that price point.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10829
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM

Liked: 10
I bought the Monoprice Fixed Frame Projection Screen (8cm Aluminum Frame w/ Velvet Wrapped) - HD Grey Fabric (133 inch, 16:9) (Monoprice.com) about two weeks ago.

Price is great but watch out shipping is unexpectedly high.

I really like it... wasn't too bad to put together and hanging it (The top bracket which actually holds it up) wasn't a problem at all. Still not sure I have the bottom bracket right though.

Picture quality is great - I am using an Epson 3010 against it and it looks really amazing for the price. 3D is great with that projector/screen combo to the point I don't enjoy watching 3d on my 70" sharp tv.